Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: 1:35 motorcycle shop

  • Vince Bradley
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 18, 2010
      Thanks,
      That is a very useful kit. It would fit the period I am modeling in,
      post WW11 up to 1950. I will have to see where I can buy it.
      Vincent Bradley

      On 9/18/10, andygcr <amartin.home@...> wrote:
      > With regards to British bikes have you seen these? I,m sure that with some
      > work they can be de-militarised.
      >
      > http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CB35035 Triumph 3HW's
      >
      > Andy M

      Vincent Bradley
      Quality Assurance Manager
      Management Representative
      513-674-2547
      vince.bradley@...
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 18, 2010
        Yes-thanks for the info. The bikes look great and the figures would certainly be a departure from having to carve off iron crosses and grenades! Great find.
                                  Woodie

        That is a very useful kit. It would fit the period I am modeling in,
        post WW11 up to 1950. I will have to see where I can buy it.
        Vincent Bradley

        On 9/18/10, andygcr <amartin.home@...> wrote:
        > With regards to British bikes have you seen these? I,m sure that with some
        > work they can be de-militarised.
        >
        > http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CB35035 Triumph 3HW's
        >
        > Andy M

        Vincent Bradley
        Quality Assurance Manager
        Management Representative
        513-674-2547
        vince.bradley@...
      • Claus
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 20, 2010
          All:
          I have in the last two weeks been working very slowly on the painiting of the three workers to be fitted in one of my coaches. Whilst working on the museums railway laying tracks, I had my right little finger caressed by a lump of steel in way that left no doubt that it needed medical attention! After some resculpting and stitching the doctors made it resemble a finger once again. Doing modelling with a bandaged finger surely is a challenge, but I have been able to do some painting. The three passengers are now fitted in the coach.

          You can see images on:
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/4993345445/in/set-72157623319625826/

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/4993345467/in/set-72157623319625826/

          As the figures will be hidden from close scrutiny, I have not detailed the figures much. The sculpting, finish and painting is consequently not of the greatest standard. The figure closest to the door still needs a news paper to read – it will be spread open on the opposite bench.

          I'll have my stitches removed this week and hope to be able to paint the two coaches and fit roofs soon.

          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 20, 2010
            Claus:

                  Sorry about your finger. I hope it will heal soon and cause not much pain.
                  Yes, 1:1 is a bit diferent than 1/32, specialy at weight matters.

                  The coaches are coming up very nice. The figures look nice. Their attitude create an atmosphere of workers who are used to do the trip an concentrate on their own things. Certainly nbot turist or casual passengers.

                  The picture of the two coaches with the loco is great.

                   Thank you for sharing.

                                                Daniel

            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 20, 2010
              Dear Claus,
              You carriages look very good and I have been watching the progress as I make my Rye and Camber coach which is getting on more slowly now that I am back driving buses with disabled school kids in the new term. My effort is in 15mm to the foot 45mm gauge and I have posted a few pics. Presently putting the 6mm mahogany strips on the sides and windows in. Front sliding door to make and the roof to do as yet and I havn't got as far as fixing Colin, my passenger, in to the coach permanently. You guys are my inspiration to have a go at scratch building and I await developments and progress with interest.
              Bob P.

              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 20, 2010
                Bob:

                     Sonds good, but where did you post the pictures?

                                     Daniel

                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 20, 2010
                Sent again,attached.