Need Information please

  • GerardV
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
      Hello group, I am building a 1/35 diorama and want to hand lay railway track. I do not want to use the plastic box supplied rail plus, I am going to need a lot more than they supply. I am looking for at least 25 feet. I need to find the correct gauge rail, tie plates and spikes. I have modeled in HO scale before, but nothing larger. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you Kevin.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2010
        Kevin-is this diorama portraying a standard gauge line or narrow gauge? Rail comes in several sizes here in the US, above code 100 (same as HO rail) there's code 115, 125, and on up. I have 1:35n2 and use what is called code 83 for my layout..it represents small narrow gauge rail nicely. As a contrast on the layout, a section of 1:35n3 track is laid with code 125 rail and looks about like it should. I trust this will answer your question. Now, as to where to get the rail, try MICRO ENGINEERING, they are on the web (and probably should be added to our links section here.)
                                     Woodie