Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re:BRUTAL O.T. with all needed apologizes

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 5, 2010
      Mario:

              Nice to know you enjoyed.
             The parrot joke was sent to me by my dear friend Mike Beard (England) who since years provides me daily with both a good amount of 009 scale modelling news and humour.
              As far as I can I try to avoid such o.t. here but sometimes I just can't.

                             Daniel

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 5, 2010

        Mario±

             I see you are in Germany and thought may be you can help me. I am looking for the Orenstein  & Koppel Museum at Dresden.
             Arnoud Bongaard (who used to be present in this group until a couple of years ago)
        once gave me the address and told me they are selling copies of original drawings for 10 euro or so. Sdaly I´ve lost the address and now would like to get some of the drawings.

             Do you have any idea of how to find it?

            Thank you.

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2010
          Daniel:
          I liked that one to and I told it at work, it was a succes :))

          /Hans

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 5, 2010
            Hans:

                Nice to know. Laughting is one of the most serious things in life. Specially when from our belly.

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 2010

              Hello Daniel,

              I found two addresses at Dresden which might be of use:

              Historische Feldbahn Dresden e.V., Lohmen
              Herrenleithe 10
              01847 Lohmen, Deutschland

              Web : http://www.feldbahnmuseum-herrenleite.de/

              The other one is:

              Dresden Transport Museum
              Augustusstraße 1
              01067 Dresden, Deutschland

              Web : http://www.verkehrsmuseum-dresden.de/?lang=en

              The first address is for a group of Feldbahn-enthusiasts who have a huge collection of rolling stock. The other one is the general Dresden Museum for Transport.

              Will you let me know if you’re successful?

              With best regards,

              Mario

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 6, 2010
                Mario:

                     Thank you. I will try those.
                     May be what Arnoud gave me was not really an "O&K Museum" but one  that has the (few)  remaining original O&K drawings. It was some 5 years ago and I may be wrong.
                     Henrik posted a request for me at one of the German n.g. forums and the answers there say there isn't any O&K museum in Germany.
                      I will let you know if I find something.
                     Thank you again.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 9, 2010
                  Daniel caso wrote:

                  > May be what Arnoud gave me was not really an "O&K Museum" but one that has the (few)
                  remaining original O&K drawings. It was some 5 years ago and I may be wrong.
                  > Henrik posted a request for me at one of the German n.g. forums and the answers
                  there say there isn't any O&K museum in Germany.

                  I suspect that there is some confusion with the Verkehrs (Transport) Museum in Dresden,
                  which /used/ to have the surviving pre-1945 records of the O&K works.

                  Brian Rumary, England

                  www.rumary.co.uk
                • Vince Bradley
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 9, 2010
                    For those who use DCC, I have installed a Lenz Silver decoder on a Trolley
                    mechanism. The results have been much more than I hoped for. The change
                    from the poor performance on DC, despite a careful disassembly and
                    reassembly, has been very nice. I am planning on replacing the Silver
                    decoder for a Gold one for the simple reason that being a 4 wheel switcher
                    it occasionally stalls at odd places and the Gold decoder has the ability to
                    keep the engine moving for some distance when contact in broken. Also, I
                    have widened the gauge to 19mm and have yet to add spacers to the frame to
                    keep things in alignment. I was waiting for success with the operation.
                    Take care,
                    Vincent Bradley

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 9, 2010
                      Brian:

                            Thank you. That could be the one. I´ll try.

                                         Daniel