SV: [FS32NGModelrail] RUDY'S WORK

  • Hans Hammarsten
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
      Oh my...those are realy nice pictures
      Thanks a lot Daniel
      I'm doing my first day att my new job, feels great to see trains all day long, even thou there to modern and not narrow gauge, but that's for my spare time ;)
      /Hans

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
        Hans:

                            CHEERS !!!

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
          Daniel and Rudy,
          Very much enjoyed the pictures of Rudy's work. His work reminds me on the
          military miniature work rather than train work. He seems to set a stage
          very well with the trains passing through rather than dominating the scene.
          The weathering shows up well in your excellent pictures. You two are having
          too much fun. It will help me to get back to my layout which actually has
          become the home to several Russian tanks. Who knows why?
          Vincent
          Cincinnati, Ohio

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010

            Vince;

                  Of course the merit is all Rudy's.
                  I have just been lucky by being able to visit him.

                  Yes, his modelling shows a very good sense for balance, but believe me: the pictures don't show the fineness of the weathering at all.
                  Rudy is also a painter and now I regret I didn't took photos of his paintings and drawings!

                  The very first impression when entering the trains room and seen the 1/35 layout (having poreviously seen the pictures here) is "It can't be all in that small space...!"
                  There is nothing deeper than 500mm (20`') from the front. Not even the village scene.
                  Another remarcable aspect is that there is that, also if there is no dramatic landscape, there is almost no flat surface. Typical Dutch, that love for subtle variations!

                  Yes, the moderate presence of the trains contribute a lot at creating that balanced scenes. It is not about the trains nor about the village or the landscap. it is about the whole.

                 And I agree± very inspiring!

                                              Daniel

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
            Hi:

               With an apology -sorry can´t avoid to share this also if its out of topic-  here attached a very profound philosophy lesson.

                                     Daniel

            Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
              Daniel, I agree-THE MAN IS AN ARTIST! Your photos of Rudy's fine layout(s) are artistic also.It would be great to take a "video tour" of Rudy's layout, an amazing work for sure. I could stand to see even more.
                             Woodie

              Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                Woody:

                     Thank you but I did nothing. It was all Rudy and Sony.

                     I did film a couple of scenes but have no idea how to upload the films. Have been trying without success. Not even in private e-mails.
                     I´m sorry!!!
                    Yes, a good (not mine) filming would be great. Everything has sound and some things are really nice, for example the ventilator of the small diesels starting to turn, the little steamer smoking and  the bridge moving. I hopë Rudy will provide a couple of good films.

                                  Daniel

                Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010

                  --- On Thu, 7/1/10, daniel caso wrote:

                  "...I did film a couple of scenes but have no idea how to upload the films. Have been trying without success..."

                  Daniel,

                  Perhaps someone can explain how to load them onto You Tube. I think the site even has a tutorial. It would be great to see those videos after seeing the photos.

                  James Sullivan

                • matthieu
                  Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                    wonderful !!
                    The only problem, it can't exposed in an expositon !!
                    Matthieu

                    Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                      Why not=

                      Actually the hardest point would be to vonvince Rudy. He don´t like much going to train shows or the alike. He has got something of the solitary genius!

                                                                         Daniel

                      Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                        James:

                             I would preffer Rudy´s films.

                            Anyway, now I think,  there are some at the links he posted.

                                         Daniel

                        Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                          Daniel,

                          I'm just getting "updated" here. Nice to see you took a lot of pictures from Rudy's work. I am very interested for a while now of his work, since I am getting more interest in the 1:32(35) scale.
                          I have seen somewhere a film of his French and German layout. If I can find it, I will post the link.

                          Leon
                          (being a bit envious that I still haven't seen this layout "live") ;-)

                          Message 13 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                            Leon:

                                    Nice to read you again.
                                    If you find the films would be great.

                                                Daniel

                            I'm just getting "updated" here. Nice to see you took a lot of pictures from Rudy's work. I am very interested for a while now of his work, since I am getting more interest in the 1:32(35) scale.
                            I have seen somewhere a film of his French and German layout. If I can find it, I will post the link.

                            Leon
                            (being a bit envious that I still haven't seen this layout "live") ;-)

                            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

                            > James:
                            >
                            >      I would preffer Rudy´s films.
                            >
                            >     Anyway, now I think,  there are some at the links he posted.
                            >
                            >                  Daniel

                          • darrylhuffman
                            Message 14 of 18 , Jul 6, 2010
                              Daniel,

                              I guess it would be easier to ask Rudy.

                              Somehow I thought he was not in the group as you had posted his photos.

                              Rudy, how deep are your shelves?

                              Darryl
                              Message 15 of 18 , Jul 6, 2010
                                Darryl: