Re: [FS32NGModelrail] RUDY'S WORK

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 30, 2010
      Bill:
           You are right. At the upper level  there is an 0e (1/45 scale)  layout inspired on  the old East Germany n.g. and some of his old work in H0e (H0n30).
           I apologize, I was so focussed on his 1/35 work that forgot to take pictures of all that.  But now Rudy has solved his mailing issue so he will read your message and let's hope he will come up with more photos.
          Specially his  H0 "house destroyed by the flood" -inspired in a protoype- is really interesting.

          Among other things he showed me there was a comercialy produced Spanish/French tiles roof plate which is really very nice. I wil try to get some if I can find them.

         Some other interesting things I've learnt:

                   he uses cofee to produce the turf texture.  (Not just for colouring it).

                   hed has a very cheap source for bumpers as used for the 0-4-0T loco. (Lets
                                                                          hope he will provide a couple of pictures)

                   He have several very interesting tips for making trees and foliage at etremely
                                                                          low costs.

                    He has  some interesting tips for using wallpaper.

             I must say none of the photos (his or mine) give a good imp0ression of  his extremely refined weathering and colour work. It is just amazing!

             I came backhome  full of inspiration!

                                    Daniel

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
        Oh my...those are realy nice pictures
        Thanks a lot Daniel
        I'm doing my first day att my new job, feels great to see trains all day long, even thou there to modern and not narrow gauge, but that's for my spare time ;)
        /Hans

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hans:

                              CHEERS !!!

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
            Daniel and Rudy,
            Very much enjoyed the pictures of Rudy's work. His work reminds me on the
            military miniature work rather than train work. He seems to set a stage
            very well with the trains passing through rather than dominating the scene.
            The weathering shows up well in your excellent pictures. You two are having
            too much fun. It will help me to get back to my layout which actually has
            become the home to several Russian tanks. Who knows why?
            Vincent
            Cincinnati, Ohio

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010

              Vince;

                    Of course the merit is all Rudy's.
                    I have just been lucky by being able to visit him.

                    Yes, his modelling shows a very good sense for balance, but believe me: the pictures don't show the fineness of the weathering at all.
                    Rudy is also a painter and now I regret I didn't took photos of his paintings and drawings!

                    The very first impression when entering the trains room and seen the 1/35 layout (having poreviously seen the pictures here) is "It can't be all in that small space...!"
                    There is nothing deeper than 500mm (20`') from the front. Not even the village scene.
                    Another remarcable aspect is that there is that, also if there is no dramatic landscape, there is almost no flat surface. Typical Dutch, that love for subtle variations!

                    Yes, the moderate presence of the trains contribute a lot at creating that balanced scenes. It is not about the trains nor about the village or the landscap. it is about the whole.

                   And I agree± very inspiring!

                                                Daniel

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
              • 1 Attachment
              • 1.9 MB
              Hi:

                 With an apology -sorry can´t avoid to share this also if its out of topic-  here attached a very profound philosophy lesson.

                                       Daniel

              Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                Daniel, I agree-THE MAN IS AN ARTIST! Your photos of Rudy's fine layout(s) are artistic also.It would be great to take a "video tour" of Rudy's layout, an amazing work for sure. I could stand to see even more.
                               Woodie

                Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                  Woody:

                       Thank you but I did nothing. It was all Rudy and Sony.

                       I did film a couple of scenes but have no idea how to upload the films. Have been trying without success. Not even in private e-mails.
                       I´m sorry!!!
                      Yes, a good (not mine) filming would be great. Everything has sound and some things are really nice, for example the ventilator of the small diesels starting to turn, the little steamer smoking and  the bridge moving. I hopë Rudy will provide a couple of good films.

                                    Daniel

                  Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010

                    --- On Thu, 7/1/10, daniel caso wrote:

                    "...I did film a couple of scenes but have no idea how to upload the films. Have been trying without success..."

                    Daniel,

                    Perhaps someone can explain how to load them onto You Tube. I think the site even has a tutorial. It would be great to see those videos after seeing the photos.

                    James Sullivan

                  • matthieu
                    Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                      wonderful !!
                      The only problem, it can't exposed in an expositon !!
                      Matthieu

                      Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                        Why not=

                        Actually the hardest point would be to vonvince Rudy. He don´t like much going to train shows or the alike. He has got something of the solitary genius!

                                                                           Daniel

                        Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                          James:

                               I would preffer Rudy´s films.

                              Anyway, now I think,  there are some at the links he posted.

                                           Daniel

                          Message 13 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                            Daniel,

                            I'm just getting "updated" here. Nice to see you took a lot of pictures from Rudy's work. I am very interested for a while now of his work, since I am getting more interest in the 1:32(35) scale.
                            I have seen somewhere a film of his French and German layout. If I can find it, I will post the link.

                            Leon
                            (being a bit envious that I still haven't seen this layout "live") ;-)

                            Message 14 of 18 , Jul 1, 2010
                              Leon:

                                      Nice to read you again.
                                      If you find the films would be great.

                                                  Daniel

                              I'm just getting "updated" here. Nice to see you took a lot of pictures from Rudy's work. I am very interested for a while now of his work, since I am getting more interest in the 1:32(35) scale.
                              I have seen somewhere a film of his French and German layout. If I can find it, I will post the link.

                              Leon
                              (being a bit envious that I still haven't seen this layout "live") ;-)

                              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

                              > James:
                              >
                              >      I would preffer Rudy´s films.
                              >
                              >     Anyway, now I think,  there are some at the links he posted.
                              >
                              >                  Daniel

                            • darrylhuffman
                              Message 15 of 18 , Jul 6, 2010
                                Daniel,

                                I guess it would be easier to ask Rudy.

                                Somehow I thought he was not in the group as you had posted his photos.

                                Rudy, how deep are your shelves?

                                Darryl
                                Message 16 of 18 , Jul 6, 2010
                                  Darryl: