Delayed Action Tension Lock Couplings

  • cp
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2010
      Dave

      Thank you for your interest in my modified tension lock couplers. The method I use is not my own idea but inspired by a suggestion in Railway Modeller about forty years ago. My development of the idea was to make them single ended and so usable on sharp radius curves (250mm/10" in the case of "Portpyn").

      I first used the modification on an O-16.5 layout I built many years ago and have since used it on my two 1:34 scale and two 1:25 scale exhibition layouts listed below.

      You are quite right that Richard Williams used the same method.

      To assist you I have just created a folder in the "Files" section with drawings showing how the modifications are made. I think it will be fairly self explanatory.

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UNTaS-qx13AdOm6jEPgcEXNvGfFy8W3p-KbPTJSUXoyL-hASK6l0BtuPrAJDaCdcGT-HVeGH0yKe1N8X0QIj3QnM5eqI/Christopher%20Payne/Delayed%20action%20tension%20lock%20couplings%20%20%20%20001.jpg
      ¬

      Best wishes

      Christopher Payne UK

      "Portpyn" 1:34