Billards finished

  • clausoggitte@nielsen.mail.dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2010

      Hello all

      After my two Billards got a coat of green I have been working with detail painting and weathering. I have been painting scratches, rust patches, oil leaks and a layer of general grime and dirt. A layer of dust was applied in a combination of paint and pastel powder. After the dusting I gave the rusty spots a further treatment with rust coloured pastel chalk. I went over the locos again with diluted oil paint and touched up oily spots, rust patches and sand deposits around the sand box hatches. Worn metal around doors and on the steps was made with a soft pencil. I airbrushed a layer of matt clear varnish over the locos to protect the different layers of weathering. Some oil spill was made ‘wet’ with gloss varnish, making the spots ‘shiny’. The wheels on the BullAnts were painted and weathered as well.

      On one of the locos I added two smashed and rusty head lights. They were made from hollowed out front lights from a lorry kit. You can see the finished locos on http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/sets/72157622513064266/

      The last driver has been assembled and painted. He is a resin figure from Ultracast. I bought him from Accurate Armour in Scotland that has a large selection of figures and usefull bits and pieces. See more on http://www.accurate-armour.com/

      I have started removing flash and fixing the parts for my Menck M 60 excavator. A resin kit from German Elite Modell, it needs some effort to turn into an acceptable model. A new boom in brass profiles will have to replace the kit’s horrible resin version. See a photo of the kit on http://www.elitemodell.de/shop/article_3564/Menck-Raupenbagger-M-60.html?shop_param=cid%3D8%26aid%3D3564%26