Rushton files to be posted

  • stackman552000
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
      Greetings all, its been awhile since I have posted to the group.At any rate wanted to share a couple of construction photos of a 18 hp. Rushton which I am working on.The power unit is a Bachman On30 Side rod Davenport minus the side rods.The model is being constructed to 1/35th scale and is within a inch or two of proper dimensions.Outside the Hood side configuration it pretty much follows basic design.I altered the hood to accept the drive system and DCC.I am content with this as I have noticed alot of variants,some "shop built" to replace factory issue. Have yet to fabricate detail items and construct Journal boxes.Thanks, Tad
    • Hans Hammarsten
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
        Hi Mr Rustmeister !
        This gona be a nice one for sure.
        Cheers
        Hans Hammarsten

        Greetings all, its been awhile since I have posted to the group.At any rate wanted to share a couple of construction photos of a 18 hp. Rushton which I am working on.The power unit is a Bachman On30 Side rod Davenport minus the side rods.The model is being constructed to 1/35th scale and is within a inch or two of proper dimensions.Outside the Hood side configuration it pretty much follows basic design.I altered the hood to accept the drive system and DCC.I am content with this as I have noticed alot of variants,some "shop built" to replace factory issue. Have yet to fabricate detail items and construct Journal boxes.Thanks, Tad

        Använder du Yahoo!?
        Är du trött på spam? Yahoo! E-post har det bästa spamskyddet som finns
        http://se.mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
          Tad:

                It looks very good. Keep us posted.

                             Daniel

          Greetings all, its been awhile since I have posted to the group.At any rate wanted to share a couple of construction photos of a 18 hp. Rushton which I am working on.The power unit is a Bachman On30 Side rod Davenport minus the side rods.The model is being constructed to 1/35th scale and is within a inch or two of proper dimensions.Outside the Hood side configuration it pretty much follows basic design.I altered the hood to accept the drive system and DCC.I am content with this as I have noticed alot of variants,some "shop built" to replace factory issue. Have yet to fabricate detail items and construct Journal boxes.Thanks, Tad

        • Tad Dowdy
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
            Thanks Hans,However I mispelled the loco.It should read Ruston....Oh well..

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2010
              Don't worry bout that Tad, as long it is some rust on..;0))
              Cheers
              Hans