PUNTA MARINA

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
      Hi all:

      Last week end I was invited to assit to the modelling show at Genk (Belgium).
      I have seen there several very interesting things but the absolutely top was -in my opinion- Punta Marina, as tiny 016,5 (1:43,5) layout depicting an Italian Adriatic fisher's town scene.
      It is about 0,5m X 1,20m and one is forced to think it has been made by an Italian Woodie.
      The track plan is extremely simple: just two switches an a mini-fiddleyard about 30cm long.
      Henk, the Dutch guy who built it is wellknown for his 009 Castle Rock layout and also Maria Hoeve.
      The forced perspective Henk used is mostly Dash clay being modelled dire3ctly (so no molds)
      My surporise was to see running a loco made by Otto Schouwstra for henk (saw it here some months ago when Otto posted some pictures).
      I have created a photo album you will find under the name Punta Marina.
      I know, it isn't 1/32, but the whole concept of the layout may be for interest for others in this group.
      I hope you'll enjoy it.

      Thank you.

      Daniel

      BTW: the FCALV Models 1/32 benches are already available (www.fcalvmodels.net)
    • vsons@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009

        In a message dated 10/15/2009 9:48:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, d.caso@... writes:
        I know, it isn't 1/32, but the whole concept of the layout may be for interest for others in this group.
              I hope you'll enjoy it.

        Daniel:

        Inspiring for me, at least.  Thanks for posting, even if it is the “wrong” scale/gauge combination.

        Jeff Semprebon
        Claremont, NH
        USA

        The greatest lie is that there is no hope.
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
          Jeff:
                Nice  that you like it.
                Personally it is not the scale/gauge but the whole concept and the artistry involved what touched me. Of course, each of us would change this or that according to the own skills and interests, but still.
                 Henk is preparing another layout -this time 1/35 on 16,5mm gauge- representing a New Zealand scene. Since it will be 1/35  I will try to convince him to meet this group.
                 I wander what a combination of Marc Reusser's finescale skills with such a creative power would deliver.
                Also, I must say, it is well known that I am a very bad photographer, so be sure the photos are not showing the realm of the layout.
               It won the first price of the Railway Modelling category, also standing at two meters from County Gate.

                              Daniel

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 20, 2009
            Daniel,

            Punta Marina looks fantastic. It shows what you can do with a bit of mud, ha ha! Thanks for sharing the photos.

            Rod Hutchinson
            Mooroolbark, Australia
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 20, 2009
              Rod:

                    My pleasure.
                    The sad news is that the Henk coming to our 1st november meeting is not the same Henk who created Punta marina. So I will not have the exspected chance to question him about his layout.

                    Yes, it is such an inspiring work that has got me back to my workbench after two years!