Re: Requests Album

  • cp409067
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2009
      Daniel

      The coach in the third shot is immediately recognisable because of the diagonal boarding. It is one of the 1st class (officers) bogie coaches of the 18" gauge Woolwich Arsenal Railway. Construction may have been in the early 1890's, and the photograph taken in 1918.

      Best wishes

      Christopher Payne UK

      "Portpyn" 1:34
      "St Pierre" 1:34e
      "Sutton Wharf" 1:25
      "Paradise Mining Co" 1:25
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2009
        Christopher!

        I been missing you the last time so it is very
        good news to see your message.

        Thank you for the information. Do you have any
        idea of where can I find drawings or some reference
        about that coach?

        Did you started something with n.g. electric
        locos?

        --- cp409067 <cp@...> wrote:

        > Daniel
        >

        > The coach in the third shot is immediately
        > recognisable because of the diagonal boarding. It is
        > one of the 1st class (officers) bogie coaches of the
        > 18" gauge Woolwich Arsenal Railway. Construction may
        > have been in the early 1890's, and the photograph
        > taken in 1918.
        >

        > Best wishes
        >
        > Christopher Payne UK
        >
        > "Portpyn" 1:34
        > "St Pierre" 1:34e
        > "Sutton Wharf" 1:25
        > "Paradise Mining Co" 1:25

      • Ken Cooper
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2009
          Daniel,
                   I did a drawing of that coach based on the same photograph in which it is being pulled by
          "Arquebus", fortunately Roy Link published a drawing of the loco, so I was able to estimate the dimensions of
          the coach.
          Once I have resolved a PC problem I should be able to reproduce it @ 1/32nd scale if that is what you require.

          Best regards,

          Ken

          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2009
            Ken:
            Thank you!!!
            That will be very welcome. Sure being in "my"
            scale.

            Wonderful!

            Daniel