Bone Yard

  • Charles Hansen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2009
      Info for 1/32 & 1/35 scale NG modellers
      Thanks for the info Kim.

      Anyone interested in the 1:32 marine fittings should act quickly, as I found this on the site:

      "Due to the unreliability of supply, we have finally decided to drop the whole Sirmar range of fittings. Items shown here provide a reasonably accurate state of what we still have in stock, but not how many. If you are planning to order more than one of any single item, you may want to check with us first on our current stock holding."

      Perhaps Kim is aware of 1:32 stuff there from other manufacturers, such as whoever makes the steam winch, but Sirmar was the only one identified as making 1:32.

      Charles

      >  the bit of machinery on a steel pallet is a steam winch that came from a 1-32 tug boat kit marketed by the UK company 'model dockyard.'they sell it as a seperate item ,the castings i got were a bit rough but build up nicely.the' model dockyard' has a bit of 1-32 stuff especially there clinker row boats which are really nice.
        good spotting holmes,about the 2 tie down points.they are used solely to hold the small winchs boom in a central position.this small winch would have no chance of lifting such a heavy weight.i really like this barge
    • kim marsh
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2009

        good morning charles and kevin.
        a while ago i lost all my on line contacts.try the model slipway instead or do a google search.1-32 scale is known to the model boat builders and suppliers go in and out of busniss all the time much like train scene
        if i am lucky i will get some pictures this weekend and if i am really lucky john dennis will take them and of course i will write it up for the local press
        i should give a plug for john dennis.he has been the talent behind the lens of most of the australian models that have made it over seas.he took the photoes of hope coast with the minimum of equipment but what he has is a really good eye
        anyway all the best kim.