Re: Crowsnest tramway

  • tycoon7only
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Roy, I look on the "photos" site and the format has changed!
      However there is a R&H 4wd next to the sea and the caption
      says "drifting home on a warm evening" or words to that effect. It's
      next to a couple of seagulls. Photo 13 of 18 under the Crowsnest
      Locos album.
      Eric

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Roy C Link <royclink@...>
      wrote:

      > Depends where you are looking - it should be:
      >
      > www.crowsnesttramway.co.uk
      >
      > Click on 'Archive' and scroll down to 'The Third Crowsnest
      Tramway
      > 1:32'.
      >
      > There is a full description of how the track (and lots more, were
      made.

      > Essentially, these pages are the text and a few of the photos and
      > diagrams from the REVIEW articles.
      >
      > I don't understand the reference to the 'seaside shot' - the
      layout
      > is set in rural Shropshire!
      >
      > Roy
      >
      > www.narrowgaugeandindustrial.com
      >
      > On 30 Sep 2008, at 11:21, tycoon7only wrote:
      >
      > > Hello, I have just joined the group and would like to know if the
      > > photos of the second album of Crowsnest are also 1/32nd scale.
      > > Also, how is the track made and is the seaside shot just a clever
      > > background? It's very convincing.
      > > Sorry if this has already been covered at some point.
      > > Best, Eric

    • Roy C Link
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
        Ah! - you are looking at Mike South's 'Crowsnest West' - the original layout only is on my own web site, as noted.

        Mike has added many more locomotives and extra scenic sections. I can only answer for the original layout!

        wrote:

        > Depends where you are looking - it should be:
        >
        > www.crowsnesttramwa y.co.uk
        >
        > Click on 'Archive' and scroll down to 'The Third Crowsnest
        Tramway
        > 1:32'.
        >
        > There is a full description of how the track (and lots more, were
        made.

        > Essentially, these pages are the text and a few of the photos and
        > diagrams from the REVIEW articles.
        >
        > I don't understand the reference to the 'seaside shot' - the
        layout
        > is set in rural Shropshire!
        >
        > Roy
        >
        > www.narrowgaugeandi ndustrial. com
        >
        > On 30 Sep 2008, at 11:21, tycoon7only wrote:
        >
        > > Hello, I have just joined the group and would like to know if the
        > > photos of the second album of Crowsnest are also 1/32nd scale.
        > > Also, how is the track made and is the seaside shot just a clever
        > > background? It's very convincing.
        > > Sorry if this has already been covered at some point.
        > > Best, Eric

      • Eric Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
          Ah, yes, sorry for the confusion, Roy.  Perhaps Mike will answer.
          Thanks,
          Eric