Lister loco drawings

  • paglesham
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2008
      Hello, I wonder if anyone can put me in the direction of any published
      drawings of a Lister loco. I need one for my Havengore Winkle Mine
      layout in 1/32nd scale.
      I might try modifying it to take a Lister Diesel engine, like an SR3
      as I have one to measure right here and it would make for an
      interesting mod at that point in history (though 1966 might be a bit
      late, OK an SR2!).
      Also, were any Listers done for 18" gauge, which the Havengore line
      is, being ex-military.

      Paglesham
    • hunslett
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2008
        Yes, Roy Link's Review had both pictures and drawings by Gordon
        Hatherhill.
        Vincent
      • Roy C Link
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2008
          Drawings of a 24RT Lister, to 20 inch gauge (works 28360 30-11-34), appear in issue 5 of NG&IRM REVIEW.

          Drawings of all the different types of Lister, 'R', 'RT', including the diesel powered units, appeared in issue 58 of the REVIEW.

          The drawings are 16mm to the foot.

          A 'Lister Pictorial' photo feature appeared in issue 59.

          While issue 5 is long out of print, we do have back issues of 58 and 59 still available at £4.50 each plus P&P.

          Listers were adaptable for 15 inch gauge (Fairbourne) so 18 inches should not be a problem.

          Roy C Link

          www.narrowgaugeandindustrial.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2008
            Thanks gents. I'll have to sweet talk SWMBO into a back issue.
            Then I have to see if I can persuade some micro-R/C into such a tiny
            loco. Maybe some judiciously placed tarpaulins would do it!
            Paglesham

            --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Roy C Link <royclink@...>

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 10, 2008
              If you use a small gearhead motor which will run at a slow & sedate speed using low voltage, you can install a tiny r/c car receiver and battery. The money will be spent for the motor/gearhead, the r/c unit can be found in any of the tiny and inexpensive cars usually found at Radio Shack or other electronics stores. The tiny cars just have one speed-on, and forward & reverse functions. Good luck.
                    Woodie