Re: [FS32NGModelrail] O&K drawings in the files

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
      Claus:
               Thank you!!! That is great material. I am going to take a serious look at the contractors loco article now. Very good  an inspiring stuff.
               Thank you again.

                                  Daniel

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2008
        --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Claus Nielsen"
        <clausoggitte@...> wrote:
        > I have uploaded two O%K-drawing in the files' section (folder: Claus'
        > modelling projects).

        The prototype for the "Swed OK 20 hp" loco was works no. 2076,
        delivered in August 1906, to ASEA for the Swedish Hydroelectric Power
        Authority. She was first used in several hydroelectric power projects,
        and in 1937 ended up at Nybergets Gruv AB, an iron mine in central
        Sweden which connected to the standard gauge network through a 600 mm
        gauge railroad. She was used for local switching, the road had a pair
        of larger engines for pulling the ore trains.

        The drawing was done by my friend Hans Svensson, who as a young man
        measured her while she was waiting for the scrapper in the early
        1960's. Nyberget was only about 7 miles from the town where we grew up -
        sadly I paid more attention to girls at the time and missed the
        opportunity to see it. In 1984, a small book was published about the
        operation, "Vägen från gruva till bruk" (The road from mine to mill) by
        Hans Svensson and Bengt Lindh.
      • Claus Nielsen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14, 2008
          Lennart:
          Thanks a lot for the update on the drawing. These days with scanners
          and images being sent all over the world it is deplorable how easy it
          is to get the original maker of an image lost. I have the book you
          mention and have probably scanned the drawing for easy scaleing when I
          built my steam loco. But, much to my own embarrasment, not given the
          proper credit when uploading it years later.

          I didn't upload the image in the intention to offend Hans S (actually
          the guy that gave me the inspiration I needed to jump into (relatively)
          large scale railway modelling). Glad I got the opportunity to set that
          record straight. Thanks Hans, for keeping cool in the long Swedish
          summer evenings focusing on taking measurements on O&K-locos!

          By the way: I wonder how much more we would have known about small
          railways had we all discovered girls (or motor bikes, beer etc) just
          two years later in life?