Views of my new 1:35n2 layout

  • Ian Holmes
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2008
      All:
      I have added a new album in the photos section entitled Oxcombe armaments depot. This
      is the name of my new layout. Heavily inspired by the line at Monkton Farleigh depot in
      Wiltshire. It depicts an underground bomb store under the Lincolnshire Wolds in England.
      Lincolnshire has been known as "Bomber County" for many years, and many of the WW2
      bombing raids were launched from airfields in Lincolnshire.
      The layout is being built as a test bed for my skills in 1:35 scale.
      The baseboard is a 1 1/2 piece of expanded polystyrene insulation faced with 1/4" cork
      tiles. While e.p. foam wouldn't be recommended for a baseboard facing it with the cork
      seems to have worked really well. The 6" radius curve at the right hand end of the layout
      holds with glue and a few track pins.
      The artists impression in the album should be fairly self explanatory. Wagons with
      munitions come down the incline to be sorted in the sidings there before being shuttled
      off in the the depths of the caverns.
      I've also included a picture of the first loco a BEV vehicle based on a tenshodo SPUD that is
      in reality too long wheelbase but was all I had. Wagons for the moment will probably be
      based around the On30 Bachmann vee skips because they are easiest to get hold of in the
      USA and given the exchange rate probably cheaper than buying a more accurate product
      from the Europe.

      Ian
    • Tad Dowdy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2008
        Excellent concept Ian, look forward to seeing it develop. Tad Dowdy

        Ian Holmes <iholmesgb@...> wrote:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:FS32NGModelrail-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:FS32NGModelrail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • nypt2pandy
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2008
          Ian, wonderful !! Nice to see an unusual subject modelled ! Well
          done, can't wait to see the finished layout, pity we're so far
          apart. We're planning a layout depicting an area that started its
          working life as a slate mine, got commandeered by the War Office &
          used for munitions storage and finally returned to civillian hands &
          lay dormant before finding a new lease of life in tourism. It'll be
          somewhere between busy and a mess ! Really like the BEV ! Looking
          forward to seeing your rolling stock too, all the best, happy
          modelling,
          Dave & Lorraine

          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Holmes" <iholmesgb@...>