Re: [FS32NGModelrail] 'Crow On Show'

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2008
      Mike-simply WONDERFUL! I can't say more! A most impressive collection of fine motive power. If I ever get to visit the Crow's Nest, you will have to keep my hands tied or I will make off with all your lokies! I am going back for another look right now.
             Woodie

      Mike South <mikesouth@...> wrote:
      Last weekend an ‘Enthusiasts’ Open Day’ was held on the Crowsnest
      Tramway and all the (more or less) complete locomotives were on display....

      Photo #01
      The full motive power line-up:-
      Front Track (l to r): Lister, Malcolm Moore, Deutz, Sala, Ruston &
      Hornsby, two Bagnalls, Fowler.
      Rear Track (l to r): Dick Kerr, Bagnall, Orenstein & Koppel.

      Photo #02
      Six Internal Combustion Locos:-
      Front Track (l to r): Lister, Malcolm Moore, Deutz, Sala.
      Rear Track (l to r): Dick Kerr, Bagnall.

      Photo #03
      ‘Super Power’ for the ‘heavy drags’:- Dick, Kerr 4wPE, Orenstein &
      Koppel 0-6-0WT and Bagnall 4wPM ‘Vridlo’.

      Photos #04 - 09
      0-6-0WT Orenstein & Koppel (Germany) 40 h.p. Contractors’ locomotive ‘6’.
      Built, Painted and Weathered by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand.

      Photo #10
      Fowler 0-4-2 T ‘Ayo’ and Orenstein & Koppel 0-6-0WT ‘6’.

      Photos #11 - 14
      0-4-2 T John Fowler (England) #4513 of 1883 ‘Ayo’.
      Built for the Hana Plantation Co., Hana, Maui, Sandwich Islands (today’s
      Hawaii, U.S.A.). Prototype loco originally named ‘Hana’.
      Scratch Built by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand. Painted by Ian Rathbone,
      England, U.K..

      Photo #15
      Fowler 0-4-2 T ‘Ayo’, Bagnall 0-4-0 IST ‘Terrier’.and Bagnall 0-4-0 IST
      ‘Tessa’.

      Photos #16 - 17
      0-4-0 IST W.G. Bagnall (England) #300 of 1880 ‘Terrier’.
      From the Somerset Mineral Syndicate’s ‘Brendon Hill & West Colton Adit’
      Tramway.
      Scratch Built, Painted and Weathered by Roy Link, Wales, U.K..

      Photos #18 - 20
      0-4-0 IST W.G. Bagnall (England) #284 of 1880 ‘Tessa’.
      Exported via agents Manlove, Alliott & Co. of Nottingham, England,
      (manufacturers of sugar milling machinery) to a sugar plantation in
      Porto Rico [today’s USA ‘semi-State’ of Puerto Rico]. Prototype loco
      originally named ‘Mercidita’. Mercedita is a small town near Ponce, on
      the southern coast of Puerto Rico.
      Chassis and above-footplate part- Scratch Built by Roy Link, Wales,
      U.K.. Chimney and Dome Scratch Built by Terry Van Winkle, U.S.A.
      Above-footplate finished plus final assembly by Paul Berntsen, New
      Zealand. Painted by Ian Rathbone of England, U.K..

      Photos #21 - 24
      4wPE Dick, Kerr & Co. (England) of November 1916.
      War Department Light Railways (WDLR) #1901-#2000, War Department Order
      No. LR 10296.
      Scratch Built and Painted by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand. Weathered by
      Tom Sime, Canada.

      Photos #25 - 26
      0-4-0PM W.G Bagnall (England) ‘40 h.p.’ #2275 of 1925 “VRIDLO #58”
      Ordered by Sir John Norton Griffiths & Company and delivered to British
      Controlled Oilfields Ltd., Maracaibo, Venezuela. Prototype loco
      originally named ‘Presidente Gomez’. ‘VRIDLO’ was the acronym used
      within the Soviet Union’s Destructive Labour Camps for ‘Temporary
      Replacement For A Horse’ - usually gangs of half-starved human ‘Zeks’
      rather than powered machinery! ‘58’ was the ‘catch all’ Chapter of the
      Soviet Union’s Penal Code under which the great majority of Stalin-era
      political prisoners were sentenced.
      Scratch Built, Painted & Weathered by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand.
      Additional weathering by Tom Sime, Canada.

      Photos #27 - 30
      0-4-0DM Klockner-Humboldt-Deutz A.G. (Germany) Deutsche Heresfeldbahn
      Typ ‘OMZ 122 F’, 40 h.p..
      Scratch Built, Painted & Weathered by Bernard Snoodyk, Australia.

      Photos #31 - 34
      4wDM Malcolm Moore (Australia) ‘Ford V8 Locomotive’ #1092 of 1943.
      92 of these 2ft gauge locomotives were built for the Australian military
      from 1943 onwards, ending up widely dispersed on plantations and
      contractors’ lines post-war.
      Kit Built and Painted by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand, from a ‘Model
      Company’ of New Zealand (Paul Berntsen) limited edition kit #52.
      Weathered by Tom Sime, Canada.

      Photos #35 - 37
      4WDM Sala Maskinfabrik (Sweden) W-8 class #133 of 1938.
      Kit Built and Painted by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand, from a ‘ Log Cabin
      Reklam AB’, Sweden, kit. Weathered by Tom Sime, Canada.

      Photos #38 - 40
      4wDM Ruston & Hornsby (England) Class ‘16/20HP’ #183740 of 1937.
      Kit Built and Painted by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand, from a ‘Bridge
      Models’ kit. [Kit now sold by ‘Slaters Plastikard Ltd.’, England].
      Weathered by Tom Sime, Canada.

      Photos #41 - 43
      4wDM R.A. Lister (England) Type ‘RT’ “Rail Auto” Tractor.
      Scratch Built and Painted by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand. Weathered by
      Tom Sime, Canada.

      Somewhere still in the ‘backshops’, in varying stages of completion,
      painting and weathering are an additional 8 steam locomotives (6 by
      Bagnall, 1 by Beyer Peacock and 1 by Decauville) and 4 internal
      combustion locos (1 by Alan Keef, 1 by Baldwin, 1 by Hudswell Clarke and
      I by Ford). And there are seemingly vast quantities of skips, wagons
      various, vans and not a few coaches in varying stages of completion and
      painting/weathering.

      Mike South
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:FS32NGModelrail-digest@yahoogroups.com
      mailto:FS32NGModelrail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2008
        Mike:
                A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!

                 Wonderful pictures of wondrfull models. I will get back to your4 link many times the coming days. The locomotives and the scenery are all a pleasure for the eyes. Thank you for sharing.

                           Daniel
        Mike South <mikesouth@...> wrote:
[...]

        From the Somerset Mineral Syndicate’s ‘Brendon Hill & West Colton Adit’
[...]

      • kim marsh
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2008
          goodmorning mike great collection ;it is always interesting to see a
          collection of locoes made by some of the best locoes builders in the world
          in one series.the only one that i am not familure with is the lester,where
          did it come from?
          it is always good to see the detail of the crow nest,i had no idear that the
          radius of the turnouts were so tight,it looks that the whole display is
          quite small.
          cheers kim.
> [...]
          > 4wDM Ruston & Hornsby (England) Class ‘16/20HP’ #183740 of 1937.
          > Kit Built and Painted by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand, from a ‘Bridge
          > Models’ kit. [Kit now sold by ‘Slaters Plastikard Ltd.’, England].
          > Weathered by Tom Sime, Canada.
          >
          > Photos #41 - 43
          > 4wDM R.A. Lister (England) Type ‘RT’ “Rail Auto” Tractor.
          > Scratch Built and Painted by Paul Berntsen, New Zealand. Weathered by
          > Tom Sime, Canada.
          >
          > Somewhere still in the ‘backshops’, in varying stages of completion,
          > painting and weathering are an additional 8 steam locomotives (6 by
          > Bagnall, 1 by Beyer Peacock and 1 by Decauville) and 4 internal
          > combustion locos (1 by Alan Keef, 1 by Baldwin, 1 by Hudswell Clarke and
          > I by Ford). And there are seemingly vast quantities of skips, wagons
          > various, vans and not a few coaches in varying stages of completion and

        • Henrik Laurell
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2008
            Must agree! amazing!

            Great to see these famous locos once more, this time in a nice set also familiar, great combination. The german steamer was news, that I haven't seen before. Several of these pics would be nice in a bigger size so I can print them out and put them on the wall.

            Thanks
            /Henrik

            http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/FS32NGMode lrail/photos/ browse/3d7e

[...]

            From the Somerset Mineral Syndicate’s ‘Brendon Hill & West Colton Adit’

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/FS32NGMode lrail/

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/FS32NGMode lrail/join
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:FS32NGModelr ail-digest@ yahoogroups. com
            mailto:FS32NGModelr ail-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

            http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          • Claus Nielsen
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
              Hello Mike
              I would have loved to attend the `Enthusiasts' Open Day' on the
              Crowsnest Tramway. Maybe I could even have brought my own loco? I
              have attended 1:1 Open Days and Feldbahn Treffen where enthusiats
              bring their own locos - primarily Schienenkulis. My only problem
              would be that my locos wouldn't match the quality of yours - and of
              course not fit on the Crowsnest at all as they are 1:35 on 16,5 mm
              gauge!

              Surely you have aquired a massive and good looking fleet of locos.
              I'm very impressed. Shows what determination, networking and some
              finacial management can accomplish. The photos have all been saved on
              my computer to serve as inspiration and raising the bar of my own
              modelling.

              Approaching my 10th year as a 1:35 industrial narrow gauge modeller
              I'm not exactly in a position to compete on neither quality nor
              quantity. How long has it taken you to assemble this collection? Hope
              to hear that it is the result of a life long passion...

              Greetings from Denmark