Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: WW1 themed layout

  • Bill Fornshell
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
      Hi All,

      Dr. Christian Cenac has a great book called "La Voie
      De 60 Sur Les Fronts Francais De La Guerre De 14 -18"
      in French, about the WW I trench supporting trains.
      The book has 48 drawings of Locomotives, cars and
      other train stuff. The book is sold on the internet.
      He has a new version of this book and I think it has
      more drawings. The drawings are very good and can be
      use to scratch build them.

      The drawings are 1/35 scale.

      I used one set of drawings to make a 1/48 scale copy
      of a Crochat gas / electric 140 CV. I just used a
      copy machine and change the drawings from 1/35 to
      1/48.

      Some of the other engines with 1/35 scale drawings
      are:

      Decauville - 0-3-0, 8 ton
      Baldwin - 0-3-0, Saddle-Tank, 12 ton
      Keer Stuart - 0-3-0, JOFFRE, 9.5 ton
      Loco Tracteur SCHNEIDER - 0-3-0
      Loco Tracteur Crochat, type LC 0-3-0
      Loco Tracteur Crochat, Gas-Electric 140 CV, 14 ton
      Loco Tracteur Baldwin 50 HP - 7 ton

      Bill in Texas

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 17, 2008
        John and Steve:
                                    Am I wrong of the Scale Link range of 1/32 (or 1/35) models was some years ago produced by "Wrightscale" or some similar name different from Wrightlines? I think I have somewhere a new products article from may be Continental Modeller from the early nineties, I will see if I can find it.

                                        Daniel

        <steveblackdog@ ...> wrote:

        > I think you might be a bit confused here John. The Wrightlines
        kits have no connection with Scallink and are to a smaller scale.
        They are in british O scale (1:43.5) and would be far too small for
        use in 1:35 scale.

        > Steve Bennett
        > http://www.pepper7. co.uk

      • STEPHEN BENNETT
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 18, 2008
          No, there was no connection between Wrightlines and Wrightscale. they were from different ends of the country.  I am not sure if Wrightscale are still around, not heard anything from them for several years.

          <steveblackdog@ ...> wrote:

          > I think you might be a bit confused here John. The Wrightlines
          kits have no connection with Scallink and are to a smaller scale.
          They are in british O scale (1:43.5) and would be far too small for
          use in 1:35 scale.

          > Steve Bennett
          > http://www.pepper7. co.uk

        • Frank Savery
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 18, 2008
            Hi Steve,
            Yes, they are still around, doing beautiful ( and very expensive) coal fired NG locos in 16mmNG (SM32) latest is a Baldwin WW1 4-6-0 for around a cool 3 1/2 G's If I remember correctly.

            Cheers,
            Frank Savery,
            Ulverstone,
            Tasmania

            <steveblackdog@ ...> wrote:

            > I think you might be a bit confused here John. The Wrightlines
            kits have no connection with Scallink and are to a smaller scale.
            They are in british O scale (1:43.5) and would be far too small for
            use in 1:35 scale.

            > Steve Bennett
            > http://www.pepper7. co.uk

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Lennart Elg
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 18, 2008
              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Savery"
              <franksavery@...> wrote:

              latest is a Baldwin WW1 4-6-0 for around a cool 3 1/2 G's If I remember
              correctly.

              And at that price it doesn't even matter if you're talking Euros, GBP,
              Aus$ or whatever ;^)