Re: New file uploaded to FS32NGModelrail

  • kkimmarsh
    Message 1 of 111 , Oct 17, 2007
      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

      > Evan:
      > I understand. Same feeling at the church: they talk about
      something great and show me the price but no traces of it....

      > (I'm joking... I guess...)
      >
      > Any way it sounds great, it feels also good but not
      having plenty of money to risk in something I just don't know I must
      stay claiming that PICTURES ARE NEEDED!

      > May be some of the guys just take a digital camera an in
      one evening makes at least bad shots (it would be a lot more than
      nothing!) of what they've got. As you say: it is a scratchbuilders
      scale and such a provision of parts is not common and well needed.
      > I know very well that Australians are nowadays just
      leading in our hobby (this don't mean that in other countries there
      are not top modellers). So I suspect the quality of their work may be
      pretty hight. And that is what makes this hurt twice. Come on guys let
      see some pictures!

      > Daniel
      >

      > Evan & Correne James <bce@...> wrote: Sorry about that Daniel
      > A Von Strapp price list has always been in the Files - this is just
      the
      > latest version.
      > Von Strapp is the name under which 9mm scale (1:34) modellers in New
      > Zealand - and some from overseas - market a range of parts for the
      > scale, which is purely a scratch builders scale. What happens, is when
      > a member wants more than one part for a model they are building they
      > submit a pattern to Von Strapp which gets it cast in either lost wax
      or
      > white metal and then makes it available for other people working in
      the
      > scale to order. Pattern makers include Paul Berntsen, Kevin Crosado
      and
      > Ray Lantz who are familiar names to some members of this group, plus
      > many more - I've even got a couple in there I did the patterns for. So
      > far there are more than 300 items in the range. The most popular parts
      > are in stock, while those that are not so popular are cast up to order
      > which means a wait of about one month. The prices are in New Zealand
      > dollars which makes them quite cheap when purchasing from overseas.
      > There are about $3 of our dollars to the British pound. No pictures
      > though, that would make running Von Strapp too much of an imposition
      > for three guys - Terry Bradley, Phil Rzoska and myself, who are
      working
      > full time and also like to do a bit of modelling themselves.
      >
      > evan
      >

      > > Daniel Osvaldo Caso wrote:
      > >> Sorry: I don't understand what this is. I've got a mail with a price
      > >> listing of Vonstrapp (?) parts. No images, no mention about currency
      > >> unit (Euros? dollars?Something else?) so except for the hope to get
      > >> something new before my nose, there is just letters and numbers.Can
      > >> someone explain this a bit for me?
      > >> Thank you.
      > >>
      > >> Daniel
      > >>
      > >> --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com,

      > >> VSF%20Price%20list%2007.pdf

      > >>now it is early evening here in the southern hemisphere daniel
      -the castings are in 9 mm scale and represent NEW ZEALAND main line
      prototype i have no doubt that they of a very high standard.the
      explanation from Even certanely explanes there approach to
      marketing.perhaps they should include this with there extensive
      catalog all the best kim.

      Message 111 of 111 , May 25, 2013
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the FS32NGModelrail
        group.

        File : /OK 1.JPG
        Uploaded by : mrbungalow01 <mrbungalow01@...>
        Description : Jerry Kitts O & K Skip