final deutz

  • kkimmarsh
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
      good afternoon friends please find in the new photo section 2 photoes
      of my finished deutz diesal.after a lot of stuffing around i am very
      happy about how it turned out.the bodie is mainly stryine with a bit
      of wood and metal.i put on a non standard seat, roof.the finish is
      tamiya spray cans lightly weathered and sealed with a matt coat.i am
      still trying to decide what style of coupling i will use .any way till
      next time all the best from kim.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
        Kim:
              I still remember the impact of discovering your work some months ago. I think I understood something wrong then beacause I registered as No Hope. Later I understood that was because I didn't saw the number betwee "No. " and  "Hope". Later, at the middle of the colosal images stream provoked by discovering the Yahoo groups, I asked Woodie if Hope was also his work. Looking back I can see  you both model quite different scenes but I recognice a certain aproach in both that I woauld like to find in my own modelling.
             Any way: I admire the originality of  Hope and the rally happy ,provocating modelling feeling it radiates.
             I saw the just posted pictures  of the Deutz. Well, I  would like to hear/see the story behind it.

             Thank you for sharing.

                          Daniel

        kkimmarsh <kkimmarsh@...> wrote:
        good afternoon friends please find in the new photo section 2 photoes
        of my finished deutz diesal.after a lot of stuffing around i am very
        happy about how it turned out.the bodie is mainly stryine with a bit
        of wood and metal.i put on a non standard seat, roof.the finish is
        tamiya spray cans lightly weathered and sealed with a matt coat.i am
        still trying to decide what style of coupling i will use .any way till
        next time all the best from kim.

        Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

      • kkimmarsh
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

          > Kim:
          > I still remember the impact of discovering your work some
          months ago. I think I understood something wrong then beacause I
          registered as No Hope. Later I understood that was because I didn't
          saw the number betwee "No. " and "Hope". Later, at the middle of the
          colosal images stream provoked by discovering the Yahoo groups, I
          asked Woodie if Hope was also his work. Looking back I can see you
          both model quite different scenes but I recognice a certain aproach in
          both that I woauld like to find in my own modelling.
          > Any way: I admire the originality of Hope and the rally
          happy ,provocating modelling feeling it radiates.
          > I saw the just posted pictures of the Deutz. Well, I would
          like to hear/see the story behind it.

          > Thank you for sharing.
          >
          > Daniel
          >

          > kkimmarsh <kkimmarsh@...> wrote:
          > good afternoon friends please find in the new photo
          section 2 photoes
          > of my finished deutz diesal.after a lot of stuffing around i am very
          > happy about how it turned out.the bodie is mainly stryine with a bit
          > of wood and metal.i put on a non standard seat, roof.the finish is
          > tamiya spray cans lightly weathered and sealed with a matt coat.i am
          > still trying to decide what style of coupling i will use .any way till
          > next time all the best from kim.
          >
          > good morning daniel thanks for your comments.with the little deutz
          it has been a long process . i was lucky in getting a chassie from
          Bernard Snoodyk .i understand that bernard has retired from
          professional model building shame because he is seriousaly gifted.i
          think the chassie is to 1-35 scale but looks great in 1-32.that is one
          of the draw backs to 1-35 and 1-32 is the lack of to scale chassies
          with quality mechanism.i like to build the bodies not the mecks.armed
          with some 1-1 referance i built the bodie out of stryine.the engine
          hood is a little heigher than the original,, but works well with the
          rectangular shape of the roof.i did a lot of research on seats the
          original tractor style i near impossible to scratch build so i wanted
          on that was easy to build and looked good,the bench style works
          well.everthing else is scratch built.you would not believe it ,that i
          built 2 other versions before this one they all ended up in the bin.my
          interest is of a obsesed hobbie maker i feel if i approached it
          commercially i would loose a lot anyway all the best kim.

          > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
          Yahoo! Games.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
            Kim:
                   Thank you. It is nice to hear how those little wonders are born. I hope I'll see more pictures of it in your layout soon.

                          Daniel

            Yahoo! Games.