Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Fwd: Dubs A etch

  • Evan & Correne James
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 26, 2007
      Four are preserved actually, five if you count the Mills A. Not bad
      considering only 14 were built in 1873. They were too small for the big
      railways - which weren't all that big physically in those days - and
      the first was sold in 1886 and the last was sold in 1906 mostly to coal
      mines, freezing works, saw mills etc.
      A mate of mine fired the A at Ocean Beach - the one in the pics - and
      he didn't like it at all - awkward to fire and a struggle to maintain
      pressure. Much preferred the Kerr Stuart.

      evan