French Campagne-loco from WWI

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2007
      Hello all:
      I have for several years been planning to build a loco that would fit
      my increasing collection of French wagons from WWI. Quite early I
      decided I would like to make a model of a French internal combustion
      loco from the Campagne company. References were scarce so the project
      remained on the reference collecting stage. My determination was not
      in question, though. As the last three locos I have built are all
      grey I had decided that my next project would be somewhat more
      colourful. The Campagne is just that - painted in three tone
      camouflage!

      As a volunteer on a 1:1 narrow gauge museums railway I am fortunate
      enough to engage in prosperous debates with like minded people all
      over Europe on a regular basis. One contact in Switzerland told me
      they had been visited by a Spanish team of restorers that had brought
      with them a - guess what - Campagne-loco in working order. To keep
      this (already very) long story short: The owner of the loco Jordi
      Comella from Spain most generously sent me 100+ images of his loco
      and measurements as well.

      Although not of the exactly same type, Jordi's information helped me
      enormously. Spiced up with some modeller's license
      and 'guesstimation' his info enabled me to start cutting and glueing.
      My Campagne is basically a plastic card project with some brass work
      where plastic is not durable enough. Nothing fancy here!

      I have posted some reference photos and in-progress images in the
      Campagne-folder on my Flickr-photo webpage:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/sets/72157600638413896/

      I will add photos as the model progresses. I'm a pretty slow modeller
      so do not expect swift progress. I'm working on a few other models in
      between so my modelling isn't very 'focused' (it is a hobby after
      all!)

      Best regards

      Claus, Denmark
    • lockeddrive
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2007
        --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Claus Nielsen"
        <clausoggitte@...> wrote:

        > Hello all:
        > I have for several years been planning to build a loco that would
        fit
        > my increasing collection of French wagons from WWI. Quite early I
        > decided I would like to make a model of a French internal
        combustion
        > loco from the Campagne company. References were scarce so the
        project
        > remained on the reference collecting stage. My determination was
        not
        > in question, though. As the last three locos I have built are all
        > grey I had decided that my next project would be somewhat more
        > colourful. The Campagne is just that - painted in three tone
        > camouflage!
        >
        > As a volunteer on a 1:1 narrow gauge museums railway I am fortunate
        > enough to engage in prosperous debates with like minded people all
        > over Europe on a regular basis. One contact in Switzerland told me
        > they had been visited by a Spanish team of restorers that had
        brought
        > with them a - guess what - Campagne-loco in working order. To keep
        > this (already very) long story short: The owner of the loco Jordi
        > Comella from Spain most generously sent me 100+ images of his loco
        > and measurements as well.
        >
        > Although not of the exactly same type, Jordi's information helped
        me
        > enormously. Spiced up with some modeller's license
        > and 'guesstimation' his info enabled me to start cutting and
        glueing.
        > My Campagne is basically a plastic card project with some brass
        work
        > where plastic is not durable enough. Nothing fancy here!
        >
        > I have posted some reference photos and in-progress images in the
        > Campagne-folder on my Flickr-photo webpage:
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/nystrup_grus/sets/72157600638413896/
        >
        > I will add photos as the model progresses. I'm a pretty slow
        modeller
        > so do not expect swift progress. I'm working on a few other models
        in
        > between so my modelling isn't very 'focused' (it is a hobby after
        > all!)
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Claus, Denmark

        Greetings from Down Under

        Could you please contact me 'off-line' ,my email address is:-
        lockeddrive@...

        Best regards

        Claus 'down-under'