Serv-O-Link delrin chain/sprockets

  • Layton H. Snover
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hi Guys,

      Will soon be offering very small 6 tooth CNC machined brass
      sprockets for use in small loco axle to axle or motor to axle drives.

      This small dia. was designed for replacing the cogged belt drives in
      On3/O Shays and will be avail. to fit 2mm shafting such as the
      Faulhaber 2020 59:1 motor Shafts. Small enough to use on HO 2mm
      axles in the little gas mechanicals everyone loves.

      Durability is beyond grasp! In my "O" and On3 Shays, each has
      over 75 hours running time w/o signs of wear. They were run on .9
      scale mile ovals, with some minor grades and a train of cars behind
      each engine, though the "O" was brass disconnects and not the
      heaviest I could muster.
      If of interest, let me know and as soon as prices are known, I will
      let you know. I am looking for full release in January, '08.

      One firm is planning to replace an "O" ring axle to axle drive with
      the chain, as it does not cause the constant pressure on one side of
      the axle bearings, hence reduces wear. Also, does NOT slip!

      Yours truly,
      Lee Snover, Sr.
      LeeTown Models