R/C Command adventure

  • Daniel Osvaldo Caso
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
      Woodie and all:
      Well. clearly it will be RC. Starting at it I met one
      serious problem: there is no information about the measures of the
      parts involved in RC system from different manufacturers.
      Going to several shops and asking the guys there to
      dismantle an RC car to see if the equipment would fit in the available
      space in this or that locomotive looks not as a real option. So I must
      apeal to you all and propose our group to start a file where all RC
      equipment information can be stored and consulted when needed. If
      everyone who has the privilege of having already some RC eq1uipment
      would post a diagram with the measures of it and a couple of pictures.
      everyone would be able to check the possibilities instead of risking a
      wrong investment.
      Often such toys come with an exploded drawing. It
      would be not a big effort to ad some measurements, scan and mail them
      to the group.

      Daniel
    • Paul Woods
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
          Paul:
                 Thank you. I will take a look just now.

                            Daniel

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
            Paul:
                  I've been looking aqt it, but if I understand good it is a system that works through the tracks and not on board, isn't it?

                             Daniel

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 28, 2007
                Paul:
                       I see. Thank you for making it clear. I will take a new look at it today.

                           Cheers

                                   Daniel

                Paul Woods <paulandclaire@...> wrote:
                Hi Daniel
                As it is radio-controlled using an ordinary AM TX/RX handheld unit, there is nothing stopping you from using batteries.  Possibly you are confusing this variety with its close relative which is trackside radio control made by the same company?
                Regards
                Paul
                      I've been looking aqt it, but if I understand good it is a system that works through the tracks and not on board, isn't it?
                                 Daniel
                Iʼm in possession of an RCS EVO-3  3amp electronic speed controller, will buy 2ampers for my next locos, donʼt need the power for small high-efficiency can motors, and much smaller as well as cheaper.  I just wanted to point out that their website www.rcs-rc.com has dimensions and photos for their speed controllers.
                Regardsʼ
                Paul Woods
                Aka Woody of Whangas