Bonsai and 'bonsai'

  • crannyjohn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2007
      Hi all,

      Having just returned from a holiday in Japan [the most railway
      orientated country I've ever been in; fantastic system even in remote
      areas] I appreciate the ideas and philosophy behind Bonsai and I agree
      that there is time and effort involved in doing it properly.

      I should have been clearer by using the term 'bonsai': the cheap
      imatations sold in discount nurseries. I would only bother using these
      as a feature. In Fiji there is a famous wide spreading tree that acts
      as a loco 'shed'. There are many dwarf plants that are cheap and look
      good as they are or with minor cliping. Check it out.

      Cheers
      John