For the layout that has everything

  • Evan & Correne James
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2007
      Try this 1/35th resin kit from Romania.

      http://www.wespemodels.ro/gmc-afk-wx-352-p-97.html?
      osCsid=fbqh20btb2vlvu85146hnp09a6

      Try this link for an extensive range of 1/35th resin kits - which
      includes quite a few civilian vehicles

      http://www.wespemodels.ro/-c-21.html?osCsid=fbqh20btb2vlvu85146hnp09a6
    • Mike South
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2007
        Congratulations Evan, you have just cost me Euros 84 (+ shipping &
        handling!), not for that fetching 3-axle 'GMC' rail truck, but for a
        'Stalinetz S65' crawler tractor! In my travels in Russia I twice came
        across local conversions of said vehicle into 4-wheel narrow gauge (?
        750mm ? ) rail 'critters', one on a bush tramway-cum-logging line
        (ex-Gulag), the second in a massive state-owned cheese factory! In the
        1960s I also came across another 'Stalinetz S65' on the Atlantic coast
        of France, being used as a beach tractor to haul fishing boats up above
        the high tide line - how the h--l it came to be there is anybody's
        guess. Earlier this century I also came across another one working in a
        pit prop producing timber stand in western Ghana - presumably as a
        result of 'fraternal aid' when the Soviet Union was still somewhat
        interested in that part of the world.

        http://www.wespemodels.ro/-c-21.html?osCsid=fbqh20btb2vlvu85146hnp09a6

        Mike South
        Calgary, Alberta, Canada