Hi everyone & Lindberg

  • ABantock@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      Well, 7 members in one day. That's not bad even if I say so myself.

      As co-conspirator of the FS32 internet scene along with Ray Lantz in the USA
      I'm very pleased with the way things are going.

      I'm still mainly armchair modelling I'm afraid with business and imminent
      baby taking up lots of time. I am part way through the conversion of the
      Fleischman Magic Train 0-4-0 into a 1/32 loco as you will know from the site.
      Last night I think I came up with the final plan for my new layout which
      will be housed in an 8ft x 6ft garden shed which Gale, my wife, will be
      vacating when we build her a luxury shed gro her 1/12th scale miniatures
      business.

      The layout is on two levels and depicts a stone crushing plant in the south
      of England. Trains bring large rocks in from the quarry (off stage) and into
      the plant (only the end of this is visible and it leads to a fiddle yard).
      Crushed stone is brought out of the plant at a higher level (probably no
      basis for this in real life!) and across a gantry to a tippler shed.

      Now I'm hoping to be able to make the skips (Bantock & Lantz obviously!)
      actually tip into a waiting lorry and then, wait for it, I want the lorry to
      drive away! I've seen this done in 4mm scale so it MUST be possible at 1/32!

      Anyhow, I'm sure I''ll come up with all sorts of other rideas by the time I
      actually build the thing!

      For Mario; I found these sites that seem to do some Lindberg and one doeas
      other older 1/32 stuff:

      http://www.earles-hobby.com/lindberg/lindberg.htm
      http://www.alshobbyshop.com/Out_of_production_kits5237.html
      http://www.leisure-time.com/lnd.htm