Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Standards

  • Dave Eggleston
    Message 1 of 43 , May 7 10:12 AM
      Actually, no, On3 in the USA uses 3/4" gauge and while a smaller scale/guage combination than say On30 or HOn3, there are plenty of adherents. NWSL has wheel sets in a variety of sizes, kits and locos exist, and I believe that pre-fab track and switches have been manufactured at times, though most modellers I know in the scale hand lay their track.

      On30 uses 16.5mm gauge track.

      Dave

      Message 43 of 43 , May 9 4:26 AM
        Martin Field wrote:

        > Russell, I'm very glad to hear it, honestly. It's an impression I've
        > gained from American magazines as an ignorant Englishman. Ignorant
        > in the sense that not much is mentioned about actual gauge in
        > American articles. And 16.5 has been used instead of nearly 19 for
        > years in OO, so it was not so fanciful to assume that yet another
        > scale put up with a wrong gauge as do so many scales.,Martin

        3/4" = 19mm was also the gauge used in the US for 'OO' gauge, instead
        of the incorrect 16.5mm used in the UK. I understand that US 'OO' was
        quite popular at one time (about 50-60 years ago) but is now virtually
        extinct, having lost out to 'HO'.

        Brian Rumary, England

        www.rumary.co.uk