More Aussie stuff

  • Ron Goodrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2007
      Hi All,
      For anyone interested in Puffing Billy's Couillet of 1889, here's a
      story and photos, from The Ausnarrowgauge group, by John Dennis. I
      lifted the story from the posting:

      Folks,

      Today I was lucky enough to travel on the first of the Gasworks
      Trifecta tours, being run between Emerald and Gembrook at Puffing
      Billy, by the Climax Locomotive Restoration Committee. This tour was
      run by Carbon, built by Couillet in Belgium in 1889, making this
      little loco 118 years old.

      Although only 20 people travelled, that number turned out to be a
      little fortuitous, as during the steam-up yesterday afternoon a
      leaking tube was discovered. Although the tube was blanked off,
      Workshops only wanted Carbon to haul one car on the trip. The 20
      passengers were comfortably accommodated in the canopied NQR.

      A splendid day was had by all travellers, and many thanks go to the
      organisers - Frank Stamford and John Conway - and the crew: driver
      Peter ? (sorry, forgot the surname), fireman Bill Hanks and Guard
      Lynne.

      A selection of photos are here:
      http://duttonbay.fotopic.net/c1266752.html

      Cheers,
      John

      While on PB, here's a youtube link to Garratt G42:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_AhsAqO09k&NR=1

      Regards
      Ron
      Oz
    • Brian Rumary
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2007
        Ron Goodrick wrote:

        > A selection of photos are here:
        > http://duttonbay.fotopic.net/c1266752.html

        Nice pictures. However pictures '03', '05' and '14' don't work properly
        - I get the thumbnails on the index but not the full size version.

        Brian Rumary, England

        www.rumary.co.uk