Re: 1/32 scale auto's

  • RL1962@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 14, 2000
      Mario,
      I'm not aware of a round hood model T kit ever having been made in 1/32nd
      scale. The nearest thing is the Lindberg model A or the much too early
      Airfix model T, both of which you already know about.

      I could let go of three Lindberg model A kits and two 32 Plymouth kits. The
      32 Plymouth is interesting in that it has an engine that would be useful for
      other things. How does $6 us each sound? We could work payment out in
      Euro's through Andy or dollars to me as you prefer.

      Is anyone else interested in any of these kits?

      Ray
    • Mario Bernkopf
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 18, 2000
        Ray,

        How many Plymouths did they have in southern Colorado in the 30's? Thing
        is, I don't know enough about American automobiles of that time to say
        whether a Plymouth was an upper class or working class car.

        However, I would grab the three Ford A's if they are still available,
        the price looks fine for me. Would cash be ok? I had some bad experience
        with MOs lately.

        I bought the Lanz tractor kit at a model show a few months ago. I'll see
        if I can find out the shop which sold it to me and if it's still
        available. I'll also dig out the kit and look for the vintage. Lanz
        tractors were famous for their one-cylinder engines and characteristic
        sound.

        The name "Lantz" sounds rather German to me, the English translation
        would be "lance", I guess.

        Regards... Mario

      • RL1962@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 19, 2000
          Mario,
          I'm pretty sure that Plymouth wasn't a rich mans car and that there would
          have been a fair quantity in Southern Colorado during the 30's. It's a sure
          bet that they were not as common as Fords ubiquitous products but then some
          verity is probably wanted in any case.

          Cash is okay, in which case if it is in dollars you can send it direct to me.
          Also you can have all three Model A's as no-one else has expressed an
          interest and enough will remain for my own use.

          I'd be very interested in the Lanz tractor if another can be found and the
          vintage is close to the 20's.

          Lantz is German but I am not certain that Lance is a translation of the name.
          I've never heard it called such anyway.

          Ray
        • Mario Bernkopf
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 21, 2000
            Ray,

            I looked at the tractor kit, it's a Lanz 35 HP Bulldog of ca. 1930. The
            kit manufacturer is located in the Czech Republic and can be contacted
            under plusmodel@.... The kit price should be in the USD 50
            region. Should you have any trouble there, please let me know and I'll
            see whether I can locate a German dealer.

            Now that my social conscience is soothed, could you please include the
            two Plymouth kits in the lot?

            Once I know the total amount (kits plus postage), I'll send the money to
            you.

            Thanks... Mario