ng in germany or feldbahn

  • combe
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2007
      Hello,

      I wish to reproduce a german layout with such lovely gernam feldbanh
      like diema, deutz or similar.

      Does anyone know if I can find it at 1/32 scale or at 1/50 scale and
      where ?

      yours sincerly
    • Locked Drive Systems Pty Ltd
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 13, 2007
        Hi Folks

         The Model Company in New Zealand makes a lovely, well priced, Malcome Moore industrial loco kit ;
        Carocar in Germany makes some ready to run feldbahn locos (v.nice but not cheap) ; & Slaters Plasticard in the UK  make a great little Ruston & Hornsby industrial loco kit .There's also a Sala loco available.

        I have all of the above & highly recommend them.

        Have fun,  regards

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 14, 2007
            Hi:

            I don't know wich scale you want to modell neither
            wich price categorie. At the cheaper side of rready to
            run material you can get a nice, good running diesel
            loco from Flei9schmann "Magic Train? serie in 1:45
            scale (here we call that scale 0e). It has an ugly
            coupler but it is changeable for a Kadee with the NEM
            norm system normally used to adapt european
            manufacturers H0 material to Kadee.
            You have also a wide range of white metal kits
            from Wrightlines, both steam and diesel.
            SD Models has an English version of a 0-4-0T
            steam loco that follows the O&K prototype very close.
            This is a white metal kit and you need a IHC HO
            "Docsider" chassis and motor to ppower it, or other
            adaptable mechanism.

            Chivers Finelines has also some very nice kits.

            Rolf Tonner (from Germany) has superb models for
            sale of really nice made models at really hight
            prices.

            The nice thing with feldbahn material is that there
            are a lot of small manufacturers making things but no
            big publicity, then it takes some work to come after
            them. But if is true that it takes some time it is
            also true that that is good at seriously considering
            what you are planing to do and how.

            There is much happening on that field the last
            years. I have heard recently about 5mm gauge feldbahn
            material. There are many peoble modelling feldbahn at
            1:22,5 and bigger.

            Daniel
            --- Jose Tapia <jtapia1000@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > You might also wish to look at Asoa. They seem to
            > have a nice model of the Henschel DG26.
            >
            > http://www.asoa.de/spur1pro_henschel_dg26.htm
            >
            > Regards
            > Jose
            >
            > Locked Drive Systems Pty Ltd
            > <lockeddrive@...> wrote:
            > Hi Folks
            >
            > The Model Company in New Zealand makes a lovely,
            > well priced, Malcome Moore industrial loco kit ;
            > Carocar in Germany makes some ready to run
            > feldbahn locos (v.nice but not cheap) ; & Slaters
            > Plasticard in the UK make a great little Ruston &
            > Hornsby industrial loco kit .There's also a Sala
            > loco available.
            >
            > I have all of the above & highly recommend them.
            >
            > Have fun, regards
            >
            > Claus

            http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
          • Hubert Wetekamp
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 14, 2007
              Hello,

              > I wish to reproduce a german layout with such lovely gernam feldbanh
              > like diema, deutz or similar.
              >
              > Does anyone know if I can find it at 1/32 scale or at 1/50 scale and
              > where ?

              check out http://www.lokfuehrer-lukas.de

              This german firm has conversion-kits for the Fleischmann Magic Train
              steam and dieselengine as well as kits for boogies and other cars.
              Also, they have detail-parts and buildings in scale 1:32.

              Greetings from Germany
              Hubert
            • combe
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 14, 2007
                Hi,

                thanks for your reply,

                In fact I wish to reproduce feldbahn with narrow gauge (600 mm) track
                with ho tracks, this means I have to do at scale 1/35.

                i have seen the model of asao that look like good, for the rest i
                think i have to kitbach it.

                franck (from france)

                --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, daniel caso <d.caso@...> wrote:

                > Hi:
                >
                > I don't know wich scale you want to modell neither
                > wich price categorie. At the cheaper side of rready to
                > run material you can get a nice, good running diesel
                > loco from Flei9schmann "Magic Train? serie in 1:45
                > scale (here we call that scale 0e). It has an ugly
                > coupler but it is changeable for a Kadee with the NEM
                > norm system normally used to adapt european
                > manufacturers H0 material to Kadee.
                > You have also a wide range of white metal kits
                > from Wrightlines, both steam and diesel.
                > SD Models has an English version of a 0-4-0T
                > steam loco that follows the O&K prototype very close.
                > This is a white metal kit and you need a IHC HO
                > "Docsider" chassis and motor to ppower it, or other
                > adaptable mechanism.
                >
                > Chivers Finelines has also some very nice kits.
                >
                > Rolf Tonner (from Germany) has superb models for
                > sale of really nice made models at really hight
                > prices.
                >
                > The nice thing with feldbahn material is that there
                > are a lot of small manufacturers making things but no
                > big publicity, then it takes some work to come after
                > them. But if is true that it takes some time it is
                > also true that that is good at seriously considering
                > what you are planing to do and how.
                >
                > There is much happening on that field the last
                > years. I have heard recently about 5mm gauge feldbahn
                > material. There are many peoble modelling feldbahn at
                > 1:22,5 and bigger.
                >

                > Daniel
                > --- Jose Tapia <jtapia1000@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > You might also wish to look at Asoa. They seem to
                > > have a nice model of the Henschel DG26.
                > >
                > > http://www.asoa.de/spur1pro_henschel_dg26.htm
                > >
                > > Regards
                > > Jose
                > >
                > > Locked Drive Systems Pty Ltd
                > > <lockeddrive@...> wrote:
                > > Hi Folks
                > >
                > > The Model Company in New Zealand makes a lovely,
                > > well priced, Malcome Moore industrial loco kit ;
                > > Carocar in Germany makes some ready to run
                > > feldbahn locos (v.nice but not cheap) ; & Slaters
                > > Plasticard in the UK make a great little Ruston &
                > > Hornsby industrial loco kit .There's also a Sala
                > > loco available.
                > >
                > > I have all of the above & highly recommend them.
                > >
                > > Have fun, regards
                > >
                > > Claus

              • SDM
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 23, 2007

                  Thanks for the mention Daniel.

                  If anyone out there is interested the S & D Models website address is:

                  (Message over 64 KB, truncated)