Re: Chain and Belt drives

  • Paul & Baabra Napier
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12 3:23 AM
      I ordered it direct from Serv-o-link.

      Be careful the Walthers (or was it Grandt line) cost was over 100% more
      expensive than the manufacturer and it is exactly the same stuff.

      Paul Napier

      > 1. Chain and Belt drives
      > Posted by: "r101g1e1r" mmfield@... r101g1e1r
      > Date: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:49 am ((PDT))
      >
      > Many thank to all that responded to my request for information on
      > above. Should be able to source something from this.
      > Regards Roger
    • Dan Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12 6:09 PM
        I have seen the same thing regarding the chain from Grandt. When I carried
        the stuff, I bought it direct from Serv-O-Link, and still have a box of
        remnants somewhere. Have to stop looking for it, then it will show up....
        I would suggest that anyone who is interested in the stuff get a selection
        of pairs of the sprockets in 1/8 inch bore, and a foot of chain. That
        should suffice for quite a while. Good stuff. I used vaseline jelly for lube
        before the LaBelle plastic compatible lubes came out.
        One other point. The bore sizes are slightly undersize, and intended for a
        light press fit to the nominal sizes of shafts. No glueing should be needed
        under normal model uses. Drilling and pinning would be more secure anyway.
        dan

        >From: Paul & Baabra Napier <bandm@...>
        >To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Chain and Belt drives
        >Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:23:59 +1300
        >
        >I ordered it direct from Serv-o-link.
        >
        >Be careful the Walthers (or was it Grandt line) cost was over 100% more
        >expensive than the manufacturer and it is exactly the same stuff.
        >
        >Paul Napier
        >
        > > 1. Chain and Belt drives
        > > Posted by: "r101g1e1r" mmfield@... r101g1e1r
        > > Date: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:49 am ((PDT))
        > >
        > > Many thank to all that responded to my request for information on
        > > above. Should be able to source something from this.
        > > Regards Roger

        simple tips.
        http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13 12:57 PM
          Dan:
          Thank you for your mail. I think this is the
          final push to start building my planed bucket
          excavator.

          Daniel

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail
        • Layton H. Snover
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13 1:49 PM
            Hi!

            Waste of time lubricating a self-lubricating Delrin, sorry to say..
            It's used in a lot of commercial machines, and you just use it!

            I've gone thru almost two 50' rolls. works great.

          • Dan Wilson
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13 7:34 PM
              But, Lee, how else are we supposed to pick up the cat and dog hair....
              Seriously, you are right, but I have always been a belt and suspenders type.
              On a more seriouser note yet, what are we calling 1/32 scale on 16.5mm
              gauged track and mechas?
              I 16.5? It scales right on 20", a bit wide for 50cm, and too narrow for 60cm
              or 2 feet, but all can donate prototypes.
              regards, dan

              >From: "Layton H. Snover" <leesnover@...>
              >To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Chain and Belt drives
              >Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:49:30 -0400
              >
              >Hi!
              >
              >Waste of time lubricating a self-lubricating Delrin, sorry to say..
              >It's used in a lot of commercial machines, and you just use it!
              >
              >I've gone thru almost two 50' rolls. works great.
              >
              >Lee
              >On Mar 12, 2007, at 9:09 PM, Dan Wilson wrote:
              >
              > > I have seen the same thing regarding the chain from Grandt. When I
              > > carried
              > > the stuff, I bought it direct from Serv-O-Link, and still have a
              > > box of
              > > remnants somewhere. Have to stop looking for it, then it will show
              > > up....
              > > I would suggest that anyone who is interested in the stuff get a
              > > selection
              > > of pairs of the sprockets in 1/8 inch bore, and a foot of chain. That
              > > should suffice for quite a while. Good stuff. I used vaseline jelly
              > > for lube
              > > before the LaBelle plastic compatible lubes came out.
              > > One other point. The bore sizes are slightly undersize, and
              > > intended for a
              > > light press fit to the nominal sizes of shafts. No glueing should
              > > be needed
              > > under normal model uses. Drilling and pinning would be more secure
              > > anyway.
              > > dan
              > >

              > >> From: Paul & Baabra Napier <bandm@...>
              > >> To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
              > >> Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Chain and Belt drives
              > >> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:23:59 +1300
              > >>
              > >> I ordered it direct from Serv-o-link.
              > >>
              > >> Be careful the Walthers (or was it Grandt line) cost was over 100%
              > >> more
              > >> expensive than the manufacturer and it is exactly the same stuff.
              > >>
              > >> Paul Napier

              > > With tax season right around the corner, make sure to follow these few
              > > simple tips.
              > > http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/
              > > PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline

              > > ~-->
              > > Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email.
              > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/1O6tlB/TM

              Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more�.then map the best route!
            • Gregory Wright
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13 8:33 PM
                Don't you call it 3/8n20.  There were 20" copper mining trams in Arizona.

                Dan Wilson <jbrwky59@...> wrote:
                But, Lee, how else are we supposed to pick up the cat and dog hair....
                Seriously, you are right, but I have always been a belt and suspenders type.
                On a more seriouser note yet, what are we calling 1/32 scale on 16.5mm
                gauged track and mechas?
                I 16.5? It scales right on 20", a bit wide for 50cm, and too narrow for 60cm
                or 2 feet, but all can donate prototypes.
                regards, dan

                >From: "Layton H. Snover"
                >To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Chain and Belt drives
                >Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:49:30 -0400
                >
                >Hi!
                >
                >Waste of time lubricating a self-lubricating Delrin, sorry to say..
                >It's used in a lot of commercial machines, and you just use it!
                >
                >I've gone thru almost two 50' rolls. works great.
                >
                >Lee
                >On Mar 12, 2007, at 9:09 PM, Dan Wilson wrote:
                >
                > > I have seen the same thing regarding the chain from Grandt. When I
                > > carried
                > > the stuff, I bought it direct from Serv-O-Link, and still have a
                > > box of
                > > remnants somewhere. Have to stop looking for it, then it will show
                > > up....
                > > I would suggest that anyone who is interested in the stuff get a
                > > selection
                > > of pairs of the sprockets in 1/8 inch bore, and a foot of chain. That
                > > should suffice for quite a while. Good stuff. I used vaseline jelly
                > > for lube
                > > before the LaBelle plastic compatible lubes came out.
                > > One other point. The bore sizes are slightly undersize, and
                > > intended for a
                > > light press fit to the nominal sizes of shafts. No glueing should
                > > be needed
                > > under normal model uses. Drilling and pinning would be more secure
                > > anyway.
                > > dan
                > >

                > >> From: Paul & Baabra Napier
                > >> To: FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com
                > >> Subject: [FS32NGModelrail] Re: Chain and Belt drives
                > >> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:23:59 +1300
                > >>
                > >> I ordered it direct from Serv-o-link.
                > >>
                > >> Be careful the Walthers (or was it Grandt line) cost was over 100%
                > >> more
                > >> expensive than the manufacturer and it is exactly the same stuff.
                > >>
                > >> Paul Napier

                > > With tax season right around the corner, make sure to follow these few
                > > simple tips.
                > > http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/
                > > PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline

                > > ~-->
                > > Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email.
                > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/1O6tlB/TM

                Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design.
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/1O6tlB/TM

                <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to: