Re: 54 mm figures

  • Richard Heisler
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2007
      Greetings to all:
      I've been enjoying the group, but haven't had much to say. My 1:32
      modelling started during a very wet (150% normal) Redwood Coast
      winter in '06. My two micros are quite unfinished, but progressing.

      I've recently spotted some fair toy figures at Michaels Crafts store.
      This is a U.S. chain. They come in tubes and many people and animals
      are good size. I nabbed the western theme tube for my Acme Mining Co.
      which is set somewhere in the Sonoran Desert. Some Christmas village
      accessories and figures have been usable and nicely sculpted
      especially the faces. Others could be modified with some work.
      Michaels has been a souce of woood, paint and odd bits of plant
      materials as well as foils and expanded metal.

      I would like to find a source of basic rr details (brake wheels,
      cylinders, etc. but I'm not too hopeful. The last brake wheel I made
      was the steering wheel out of an O scale auto.

      I havn't posted an photos yet but some can be viewed at:

      www.carendt.us in issue #58 and issue # 56.

      Cheers,

      Richard Heisler
      Eureka, CA, US of A