Re: 54 mm figures

  • kkimmarsh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Lennart Elg" <len_elg@...> wrote:

      > --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "kkimmarsh" <kkimmarsh@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > .one of my holy grails is to find good mass 1-32
      > > civilan figures from the 1950 family groups ,workers ,sitting and
      > > engaged in interesting activities.
      >
      > Kim,
      >
      > The German firm Preiser have a large range of civilian 1/32 scale
      > figures which would look at home in the 1950´s. You can check them out
      > at the Walthers website.
      >
      > / Lennart Elg

      had a look what a great collection of figures thanks
    • sven1n32
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
        "Hello" to all of you

        it´s my first time I join a "conversation", so first my introduction
        my name is "Sven", I live in Hamburg, Germany, had been infected by
        1:32-RR some 28 years ago when I was 12. I am also interested in
        figures, P51B and coastal artillery (<1900) but all in 1:32!
        I am on of 11 people having a modular layout in 1e: 750mm saxonian
        narrow gauge (see: www.spur1e.de). But my heart beats for the Ferrovie
        della Sardegna (http://www.treninoverde.com).

        But now to figures:
        After I had waited for 25 years for Preiser to offer a good crew for a
        steam locomotive I asked a friend to sculpt me a pair about one year ago
        ( I just uploaded a photo into "54mm Figures(1:32)":
        During the last months I got another 4 figures, I uploaded also the
        driver of a small german standard gauge diesel, and there are some
        working persons in preparation.

        I am observing the 54mm Figure market since about 10 years. Some of my
        experiences I but onto my own pages:
        http://www.spur1zu32.de/gr/figures32/fig32_main.html. (I am sorry, the
        page is only in german, but I will try to translate it to english during
        this weekend.)

        Best regards
        Sven

        kkimmarsh schrieb:

        >--- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Lennart Elg" <len_elg@...> wrote:
        >

        >>--- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "kkimmarsh" <kkimmarsh@>
        >>wrote:
        >>

        >>.one of my holy grails is to find good mass 1-32
        >>

        >>>civilan figures from the 1950 family groups ,workers ,sitting and
        >>>engaged in interesting activities.
        >>>

        >>Kim,
        >>
        >>The German firm Preiser have a large range of civilian 1/32 scale
        >>figures which would look at home in the 1950´s. You can check them out
        >>at the Walthers website.
        >>
        >>/ Lennart Elg
        >>

        >had a look what a great collection of figures thanks
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Richard Heisler
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 10, 2007
          Greetings to all:
          I've been enjoying the group, but haven't had much to say. My 1:32
          modelling started during a very wet (150% normal) Redwood Coast
          winter in '06. My two micros are quite unfinished, but progressing.

          I've recently spotted some fair toy figures at Michaels Crafts store.
          This is a U.S. chain. They come in tubes and many people and animals
          are good size. I nabbed the western theme tube for my Acme Mining Co.
          which is set somewhere in the Sonoran Desert. Some Christmas village
          accessories and figures have been usable and nicely sculpted
          especially the faces. Others could be modified with some work.
          Michaels has been a souce of woood, paint and odd bits of plant
          materials as well as foils and expanded metal.

          I would like to find a source of basic rr details (brake wheels,
          cylinders, etc. but I'm not too hopeful. The last brake wheel I made
          was the steering wheel out of an O scale auto.

          I havn't posted an photos yet but some can be viewed at:

          www.carendt.us in issue #58 and issue # 56.

          Cheers,

          Richard Heisler
          Eureka, CA, US of A