54 mm figures

  • kkimmarsh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2007
      morning- i would like to share my experience with 1-32 scale
      figures.the correct size is 54mm[there is 25.3mm to one inch].i had a
      source in oz which was great it was called Oz Made they were 54mm
      ,pewter and had the same mass that looked looked good in 1-32 ,but
      they were milatery and no longer avalable.the british company Britans
      have a vast range of mostly milatery but have produced civilans and
      the elusive femails,you will most likely find them at antique
      fairs.phonix minitures in the 1960 produced a series called the
      Edwardiens nicely carved but a bit light .i have heard of a company in
      the east coast of the states and in france that produce period
      milatery figures but i have had no experience with them.the driver on
      the malcolm moore was a 9mm figure from new zealand a bit small but is
      at least sitting.one of my holy grails is to find good mass 1-32
      civilan figures from the 1950 family groups ,workers ,sitting and
      engaged in interesting activities.that airless loco produced by paul
      berntsen is a bulty i love the blasted finish kevin kim
    • Lennart Elg
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
        --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "kkimmarsh" <kkimmarsh@...>
        wrote:

        .one of my holy grails is to find good mass 1-32
        > civilan figures from the 1950 family groups ,workers ,sitting and
        > engaged in interesting activities.

        Kim,

        The German firm Preiser have a large range of civilian 1/32 scale
        figures which would look at home in the 1950´s. You can check them out
        at the Walthers website.

        / Lennart Elg
      • kkimmarsh
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Lennart Elg" <len_elg@...> wrote:

          > --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "kkimmarsh" <kkimmarsh@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > .one of my holy grails is to find good mass 1-32
          > > civilan figures from the 1950 family groups ,workers ,sitting and
          > > engaged in interesting activities.
          >
          > Kim,
          >
          > The German firm Preiser have a large range of civilian 1/32 scale
          > figures which would look at home in the 1950´s. You can check them out
          > at the Walthers website.
          >
          > / Lennart Elg

          had a look what a great collection of figures thanks
        • sven1n32
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 9, 2007
            "Hello" to all of you

            it´s my first time I join a "conversation", so first my introduction
            my name is "Sven", I live in Hamburg, Germany, had been infected by
            1:32-RR some 28 years ago when I was 12. I am also interested in
            figures, P51B and coastal artillery (<1900) but all in 1:32!
            I am on of 11 people having a modular layout in 1e: 750mm saxonian
            narrow gauge (see: www.spur1e.de). But my heart beats for the Ferrovie
            della Sardegna (http://www.treninoverde.com).

            But now to figures:
            After I had waited for 25 years for Preiser to offer a good crew for a
            steam locomotive I asked a friend to sculpt me a pair about one year ago
            ( I just uploaded a photo into "54mm Figures(1:32)":
            During the last months I got another 4 figures, I uploaded also the
            driver of a small german standard gauge diesel, and there are some
            working persons in preparation.

            I am observing the 54mm Figure market since about 10 years. Some of my
            experiences I but onto my own pages:
            http://www.spur1zu32.de/gr/figures32/fig32_main.html. (I am sorry, the
            page is only in german, but I will try to translate it to english during
            this weekend.)

            Best regards
            Sven

            kkimmarsh schrieb:

            >--- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Lennart Elg" <len_elg@...> wrote:
            >

            >>--- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "kkimmarsh" <kkimmarsh@>
            >>wrote:
            >>

            >>.one of my holy grails is to find good mass 1-32
            >>

            >>>civilan figures from the 1950 family groups ,workers ,sitting and
            >>>engaged in interesting activities.
            >>>

            >>Kim,
            >>
            >>The German firm Preiser have a large range of civilian 1/32 scale
            >>figures which would look at home in the 1950´s. You can check them out
            >>at the Walthers website.
            >>
            >>/ Lennart Elg
            >>

            >had a look what a great collection of figures thanks
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Richard Heisler
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 10, 2007
              Greetings to all:
              I've been enjoying the group, but haven't had much to say. My 1:32
              modelling started during a very wet (150% normal) Redwood Coast
              winter in '06. My two micros are quite unfinished, but progressing.

              I've recently spotted some fair toy figures at Michaels Crafts store.
              This is a U.S. chain. They come in tubes and many people and animals
              are good size. I nabbed the western theme tube for my Acme Mining Co.
              which is set somewhere in the Sonoran Desert. Some Christmas village
              accessories and figures have been usable and nicely sculpted
              especially the faces. Others could be modified with some work.
              Michaels has been a souce of woood, paint and odd bits of plant
              materials as well as foils and expanded metal.

              I would like to find a source of basic rr details (brake wheels,
              cylinders, etc. but I'm not too hopeful. The last brake wheel I made
              was the steering wheel out of an O scale auto.

              I havn't posted an photos yet but some can be viewed at:

              www.carendt.us in issue #58 and issue # 56.

              Cheers,

              Richard Heisler
              Eureka, CA, US of A