Porter fireless locomotive

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2007
      Hello folks, calling folks

      I've posted a couple of photos (in the photos section) of a 1:32-
      scale Porter fireless loco. This is a custom-built model by Paul
      Berntsen of The Model Company. The loco had been sandblasted ready
      for painting and was just sitting together -- hence the top of the
      gearbox floating in the breeze -- when it was photographed earlier
      this month. The prototype worked in an explosives factory in the US
      of A; the model was built in New Zealand for a customer in Oz and has
      a British gearbox with a Japanese motor. Nothing like a good
      multinational hobby!

      ________________

      Kevin Crosado
      De Selby Research
    • Henrik Laurell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 24, 2007
        Great Model! Thanks for sharing.

        Please if possible, add more pics when painted.

        /Henrik

        I've posted a couple of photos (in the photos section) of a 1:32-
        scale Porter fireless loco. This is a custom-built model by Paul
        Berntsen of The Model Company. The loco had been sandblasted ready
        for painting and was just sitting together -- hence the top of the
        gearbox floating in the breeze -- when it was photographed earlier
        this month. The prototype worked in an explosives factory in the US
        of A; the model was built in New Zealand for a customer in Oz and has
        a British gearbox with a Japanese motor. Nothing like a good
        multinational hobby!

        Kevin Crosado
        De Selby Research