Hello

  • Jim Counihan
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 30, 2006
      Hi, Fellas: New to this group. Wanted to introduce myself. Been in
      On30 for umteen years, and now dabbling in Gn15. Note, of course, that
      the GAUGE has not changed, as that lets me use up quite a bit of what I
      already have. Sort of interested in how many in this group model in
      3/8n20. (please excuse me if I call it by something other than what you
      use for terminology.) 1/32 seems like a mid-range of what I have been
      mucking about in, and could prove quite a pleaser when comparing
      footprint of buildings in Gn versus 1/32n. So, for the time being,
      will just keep reading your posts, checking photos and files, and
      enjoying the hobby. Thanks for listening. JIM (Gandydancer)
    • Gregory Wright
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 30, 2006
        Jim, I am working away in 3/8n20 and love it.  I have a mine to mill tram similar to the Gilpin Tram and think it is great.  On30 flat cars from Bachman work almost as is.  I kitbash my Gilpin style ore cars from Lionel ore jimmies.  Cabooses and boxcars are scratchbuilt.  I have an On30 shay with a new cab, and my first engine was a scratchbuilt Shay over a MDC shay kit mechanism.  Feel free to email me about 3/8n20

        Jim Counihan <Gandydancerjames@...> wrote:
        Hi, Fellas: New to this group. Wanted to introduce myself. Been in
        On30 for umteen years, and now dabbling in Gn15. Note, of course, that
        the GAUGE has not changed, as that lets me use up quite a bit of what I
        already have. Sort of interested in how many in this group model in
        3/8n20. (please excuse me if I call it by something other than what you
        use for terminology. ) 1/32 seems like a mid-range of what I have been
        mucking about in, and could prove quite a pleaser when comparing
        footprint of buildings in Gn versus 1/32n. So, for the time being,
        will just keep reading your posts, checking photos and files, and
        enjoying the hobby. Thanks for listening. JIM (Gandydancer)

        Greg Wright
        360-352-5386

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Lennart Elg
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 4, 2007
          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Counihan" wrote:

          > Hi, Fellas: New to this group. Wanted to introduce myself. Been in
          On30 for umteen years, and now dabbling in Gn15. Note, of course, that
          the GAUGE has not changed, as that lets me use up quite a bit of what I
          already have.>

          Jim,

          I think you will find that a lot of the Gn15 stuff with which you are
          already familiar will look even better in 1/32n20 - like the locos and
          cars made by Sidelines.

          / Lennart Elg