Re: Resistance Soldering

  • Terry Bradley
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2006
      The Von Stapp Forgings Co-Op vonstrapp@... have a nice one
      complete with leads and foot switch for NZ$500.00 plus P&P
      Regards
      Terry Bradley

      --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "r101g1e1r" <mmfield@...>
      wrote:

      > Anyone know where I can obtain a reasonably priced Resistance
      > Soldering System?. Dean Sidings show one on their web, but I suspect
      > they are no longer trading as the contact information given is not
      > recognised. The only ones I could find on the web are American but
      at
      > over £500 are far to expensive for just a hobby.
      > Regards Roger

    • Evan & Correne James
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2006
        We run 240 volts in NZ, so 230 shouldn't be a problem

        evan

        > Is this unit available for 230 Volt?
        >
        > Otto.
        >
        > --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Evan & Correne James
        > <bce@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > That's $329US or 174 British pounds. You have to add postage to
        > that,
        > > but we don't charge the earth at Von Strapp
        > >
        > > evan
      • Russell J Postlewaight
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 15, 2006

          Ev,

          It’s a nominal 240v – tested it lately? We are paying top dollar for power somewhere between 215v & 240v.

          Why do you think surge protectors are a great idea for your computer?

          Russell

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 15, 2006
            Sorry Ev, just a little correction,
            Our mains supply = 230v. A.C. Australia = 240v. A.C.
            We and the Aussies use the same type of mains fittings [ 3 pin plugs etc.]
            Roger would just have to fit a British type mains plug as they are quite different to ours.
            In fact the transformers would operate quite happily in the range of 220v - 240v. as is, but if anybody with a different
            mains voltage wanted a soldering unit we could just ask our transformer winder to make a transformer to suit.
            Al. Hardie Neil

            <bce@...> wrote:

            > That's $329US or 174 British pounds. You have to add postage to
            that,
            > but we don't charge the earth at Von Strapp
            >
            > evan
          • Alastair Neil
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 15, 2006
              Russell,
              I can understand you Southerners needing all the surge and spike protection you can get.
              Why do you think it is called Windy Wellington ?
              When a force 10 southerly hits Wellington the power lines swing so much they short together and the
              power poles fall down as well.
              We dont have those sorts of problems much, north of the Bombay Hills.
              Al. Hardie Neil.