Where to buy O-rings?

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 27, 2006
      All:
      After having managed to finish my etched metal kit of the Swedish Sala-loco I did some test runs in the preparation for the running-in of the loco. During a test run one of the O-rings broke. I have no idea where to get a replacement O-ring. I would be very thankfull if any of you could point me to a supplier of O-rings. Preferably one with an on-line ordering service.

      I'm currently working on a fire truck and yet another French Pechot-wagon.

    • Henrik Laurell
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 27, 2006
        Hi Claus. Maybe you can start with just contact the manufacture.. They might sell you some loose parts.

        /Henrik

        After having managed to finish my etched metal kit of the Swedish Sala-loco I did some test runs in the preparation for the running-in of the loco. During a test run one of the O-rings broke. I have no idea where to get a replacement O-ring. I would be very thankfull if any of you could point me to a supplier of O-rings. Preferably one with an on-line ordering service.

        I'm currently working on a fire truck and yet another French Pechot-wagon.

      • Franck Tavernier
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 27, 2006
          Claus Nielsen a écrit :

          All:
          After having managed to finish my etched metal kit of the Swedish Sala-loco I did some test runs in the preparation for the running-in of the loco. During a test run one of the O-rings broke. I have no idea where to get a replacement O-ring. I would be very thankfull if any of you could point me to a supplier of O-rings. Preferably one with an on-line ordering service.

          I'm currently working on a fire truck and yet another French Pechot-wagon.

          Claus,

          You can ask Otto, he is at the origin of the design of the mechanism…

          Regards,

          Franck.
        • Kevin
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2006
            > During a test run one of the O-rings broke. I have no idea where to
            > get a replacement O-ring. I would be very thankfull if any of you
            > could point me to a supplier of O-rings.

            Gidday Claus

            Your best bet would be to phone around your local engineering supply
            companies. Look for someone who handles seals (in the real world o-
            rings are used to stop fluids getting where they aren't meant to be).
            You would probably want to take in the original so you can get an
            exact match -- o-rings come in rather a bewildering range of sizes
            and materials.

            ________________

            Kevin Crosado
            De Selby Research
          • bernard_snoodyk
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
              Hi Guys,

              I have noticed that there are questions from time to time regading
              transmission belts.

              I suggest that the best source I have been able to find
              professionally is Precision Scale Model Engineering who can be
              contacted at www.psmescale.com THe comapany is located in Milform
              MA and ships worldwide

              they stock an unbeliveable range of cogged belts, O-rings, real
              miniature V-belts, micro bicyle chain and many, many more parts.
              they are happy to sell you one or one thousand of any item.

              Contact Larry DeMilo who will give you excellent service. I have no
              interests in PSME but would not go to any other supplier after many
              years of professional business with him.

              --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Kevin <kcrosado@...> wrote:

              > > During a test run one of the O-rings broke. I have no idea where
              > > get a replacement O-ring. I would be very thankfull if any of
              you
              > > could point me to a supplier of O-rings.
              >
              > Gidday Claus
              >
              > Your best bet would be to phone around your local engineering
              supply
              > companies. Look for someone who handles seals (in the real world o-

              > rings are used to stop fluids getting where they aren't meant to
              be).
              > You would probably want to take in the original so you can get an
              > exact match -- o-rings come in rather a bewildering range of
              sizes
              > and materials.
              >

              > ________________
              >
              > Kevin Crosado
              > De Selby Research

            • chris
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
                I would recommend any local hydraulics dealer.
                O-rings are used as seals, and most hydraulics (heavy
                equipment) dealers can help.

                Chris

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Otto Schouwstra
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
                  Hello Claus, group,

                  Sorry for the delay,I was away for some time.

                  I can supply you with the thin O-rings for my drives. They only cost
                  the stamp for a letter.
                  Although these rings are very durable,my Simplex ran more then 200
                  hrs without any trouble, they can break at the spot of a (tiny)
                  scratch and I would expect that the manufacturer of the kit should
                  supply some spares.

                  Otto.

                  --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Claus Nielsen"