New Photos Added

  • Don Culbertson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hello All,

      I did not mean to stop all life on this list by uploading photos of a
      master modeler. My only intent is to share what I believe is truely
      wonderful modeling.

      Tonight I added 3 more photos to the Big Bend Album.The last photo
      shows Woodie's progress on the latest addition. I deleberately added
      this to illustrate that all great scenes have a beginning. (I promise
      to update the progress on this section)

      The last photo also shows the construction method, which uses pieces
      of blue polystyrene insulation board which are glued together. There
      is no wood framing. Note the box cross-section behind the
      buildings. The top of the box is the roadbed for the "High Line"
      that continues past the Park Office scene. The inside of the box is
      a continuation of the "low line", in a tunnel. Eventually Woodie
      plans to connect the two lines together using a small radius "loop"
      to the left side of this section.

      This new section and the adjacent "Park Office" section are each
      spported by a single camera tripod. The tripod is attached to the
      foam by the "camera attachment screw".

      ... Will someone please make a comment?

      Don
    • Rod Hutchinson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
        Hi Don,

        Well I am impressed. I particularly like the colours on the fire box
        and saddle tank of the Porter. Lovely stuff.

        Can you give us an overall shot of the diorama?

        Regards
        Rod Hutchinson
        Melbourne, Australia

[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/1O6tlB/TM
      • William Uffelman

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
            Thanks Gentlemen,

            I will share your comments with Woodie, and post some more photos next
            week, including the overview.

            Regards,
            Don