Nothing much going on?

  • chriskrupa2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
      Claus

      I noted on 20th December that an article had been published in the
      January edition of the British magazine Railway Modeller about my
      1/32nd scale NG layout. This is probably the only such article in the
      last six months and possibly in the last year or two.

      There's not been a single comment, indication that anyone's bothered to
      read it, question or anything. What more can anyone do? I model. I
      write. I publish and I'm ignored.

      Chris K.
    • Claus Nielsen
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
        Hi Chris
        Too bad I do not read Railway Modeller. I did once but switched to
        Narrow Gauge and Industrial Railway Modelling Review. (can't beat that
        title!) On hearing that you have published on 1:32 NG I will certainly
        try getting a copy. Is the magazine monthly - that is, should I get
        issue 12 of 2005?

        I didn't ask with the purpose of intimidating anyone - I know this is a
        hobby and that we are very few. Just seems that we are near the end of
        the hobby's traditional winter season - and I hoped to see some results
        of the long winter evenings.

        But maybe this group has outlived itself?

      • William Uffelman

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
              Hi All,

              I think it is a matter of simple interest. Maybe most members to this group are like me, they model in periods and in-between there is other stuff taking attention, also for me I do not seems to be able to model in one scale alone, but changes when interest changes..

              I do regret that I missed Chris article, I do not read Railway Modeller either. Chris, I for one would love to see some of your models you built !

              /Henrik

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
                First of all, the article was mine, not Claus's. Please blame me for
                the comment.

                Secondly, I'm aware that the Railway Modeller doesn't hit the US for
                some time after it is published over here. However it has reached the
                island of Cyprus in the Mediterranean so I guess that most of Europe
                must have it by now. I haven't checked the membership list but there
                must be more of us in Europe and part of the reason for my post on 20th
                December was to alert people that the article was in the magazine and
                as I said, no comments.

                Thirdly, sorry, I don't possess a digital camera or a scanner so
                posting pictures on the net in any form just isn't possible. Try Carl
                Arendt's site for pictures of some of my other layouts.

                Chris K.