Re: [FS32NGModelrail] Digest Number 1010

  • Kevin Crosado
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2006
      on 10/1/06 2:31 PM, FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com at
      FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > I have heard rumours that the kit should be 1:35 rather than 1:32. It
      > would only please me, but it would be nice for all to know the exact
      > scale.

      Gidday Claus

      I can't help you with the Pechot-Bourdon as the only one of the Scale Link
      WWI railway kits I've bought is the Simplex. FWIW this scales out to
      approximately 1:34 scale. This suggests the patterns were made to a smaller
      scale than 1:32 as shrinkage at the casting stage wouldn't account for the
      difference in size (shrinkage on centrifugally-cast whitemetal and pewter
      items is generally only about 1%). IIRC the first kit in the range, the
      Hunslet loco, was initially advertised as 9mm scale, not 1:32.
      Kevin Crosado
      De Selby Research