Re: Fascinating Fowlers! (Unsolicited Testimonial)

  • Mike South
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2005
      Well spotted Terry! You are perfectly correct in that the (in)famous
      Judge Roy Bean is in fact riding on the Fowler's footplate, doubtless in
      hot pursuit (as ever) of the elusive Miss Lilly Langtry - the 'Jersey
      Lilly', star of stage and music hall and numerous British Royal
      bedrooms! Certainly Miss Langtry made it to the farthest Antipodes in
      her global perambulations, but I am not aware that the 'Judge' ever made
      it that far.... The 1:32 scale figure is slightly modified (i.e.
      disarmed) from one sculpted and supplied by Roger Saunders in his ‘Wild
      West’ series, as #WW07 ‘Judge Roy Bean’. It is still available and I
      have always considered it to be an ideal bucolic figure for a small open
      cabbed 1:32 scale steam locomotive.

      For more about:-

      Judge Roy Bean, see:
      http://www.desertusa.com/mag98/aug/papr/du_roybean.html
      http://members.fortunecity.com/tokenguy/tokentales/page49.htm

      Lilly Langtry, see:
      http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/AClangtree.htm
      http://www.theatrelives.org/lillylangtry.shtml

      Roger Saunders figures, see:
      http://www.greenwichgateway.com/hornetandwolf/index.htm
      Judge Roy Bean figure in particular, see:
      http://www.greenwichgateway.com/hornetandwolf/hornet_lists/wildwest_list.htm

      Mike South
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    • hunslett
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
        Mike.
        What is the advantage of this cylinder layout? Thanks for the links to
        Lilly, quite a lady.
        Vincent Bradley, Cincinnati
      • Claus Nielsen
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2005
          All:
          Recently a few interesting products has been popping on some military
          modelling sites. A set of small signs (called placards) can be used for
          the tiny signs often placed on industrial equipment with info on
          operating procedures and technical specifications. I'm about to order a
          set.

          See a review on:
          http://misc.kitreview.com/armourreviews/archer35210reviewrb_1.htm

          Should any of you have a need for mushroms on your layout you can
          simply purchase them! Intended for H0-scale they actually looks a lot
          more usefull for our scale. See more:

          http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?
          op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=1134