1.32nd MODEL T

  • Evan & Correne James
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
      There was a 1/32nd Model T kit on the market, a 1912 by Airfix. It
      appears that they run off a batch every few years becase all of a sudden
      the hobby shops seem to get a batch of these kits and its mates, the
      1911 and 1905 Rolls Royce and the 1904 Mercedes racing car, which I rate
      as an excellent basis for kit bashing. Airfix also put out its Dennis
      fire engine and 1914 Old Bill Bus from time to time, with the bus
      looking like it's currenlty on the market.
      Another good place to look for the old kits is in the Eastern block
      countries.SMER of the Czech Republic currently has a Rolls Royce Silver
      Cloud, Mercer Raceabout and Packard Laundaulet out in 1/32nd scale and I
      understand the dies for these were discontinued items from the West. I
      found that NKR Models of Ballarat in Australia has stocks of those kits.
      You can get that at www.nkrmodels.com.au
      Hope this is of some help
      Evan James
    • Mario Bernkopf
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
        Evan,

        Thanks very much for the information. I was able to acquire one of the
        1912 Ford T's via ebay the other day. At a model show here in Germany I
        discovered the fine models produced in the Czech Republic, especially
        those for the military modelling market (e.g. an old Lantz tractor,
        which is probably the ultimate in antique German tractors).

        From your e-mail address I guess that you reside in New Zealand. Isn't
        it amazing how easily we as a group of modellers can communicate these
        days?

        Regards... Mario

      • RL1962@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
          Mario,

          What vintage is the Lantz tractor, and can you get another?

          Ray