Re: SV: [FS32NGModelrail] New Member

  • Craig Elliott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
      Claus,

      Thanks for the praise, it helps me find the time to get down in the basement.
      I will check out your photos this evening. Thanks for the figure info also.

      I will post some more photos soon.

      Good luck with your Diesel.

      Regards,
      Craig

      Claus Nielsen <clni@...> wrote:
      Welcome Craig
      Your modelling looks very sharp indeed! Nice loco. I'm pretty much in the same situation as Les - not much of my work is done in brass. I have used brass on a very limited scale in some of my more recent models, but nothing that amounts to your level.

      On my shelf I have a kit in etched metal of a Swedish diesel loco that will test my modelling abilities to the limit. I'm looking forward to the challenge. I hope it will work out as good as your loco - even though mine will only be an assembly job and not scratchbuilt as yours.

      My figures are mostly scratchbuilt from mechanics/tank drivers etc. from the military modelling companies. Tamiya does some sets with mechanics of an acceptable quality. I have used resin figures from Resicast, Belgium as well. Very detailed. See them on www.resicast.com You can see the few figures I have painted on my photopage:

      To go with my French artillery railway stock from World War 1, I have bought 1/32 figures from Scale Link. See them on www.scalelink.co.uk

      I would love to see more of your models - and the layout as well.

      Regards
      Claus, Denmark

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Craig Elliott
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
        Claus,

        I added two photos of a water car to the Battery Loco Folder.

        The layout doesn't have any scenery yet so its not very interesting.
        All of the ties and ballast are down and about half of the rail and turnouts
        are completed.

        Craig