Final story on Beet Railways

  • henrix
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      Final story on Beet Railways,

      After the kind help from Claus Nielsen and Per in Denmark, I have made a
      couple of new simplified drawings (the drawings I got from Claus was
      copyrighted) on the most common beet wagons and the special bogie-type they
      had. Also included some photos showing most common wagons and locos. These
      rails had 700mm gauge, but I think they would look good on much narrower
      gauge also, like 20" gauge....

      Go to my site http://www.laurell.nu and click on the blue diesel.

      regards
      /Henrik Laurell, Sweden
    • Frank Savery
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
        Hello Henrik,
        I hope this isn't really the final story on Sugar Beet Railways from you !
        Great Stuff.
        Also lots of good stuff on the ibk museum site. BTW it's worth looking at
        the Danish version too, as there are some extra photos not on the English
        version . Also it's worth following some of the Danish links, particularly
        the Bloustrødbanen site.

        Nobody else may be interested, but I'd very much appreciate it If you could
        send me a bit of information in English on what type of industrial line the
        Bloustrødbanen was, the kind of traffic hauled, etc. Frank Savery ~
        fatcontroller2@...

        Cheers,
        Frank Savery,
        in sunny Brisbane, Australia
        > After the kind help from Claus Nielsen and Per in Denmark, I have made a
        > couple of new simplified drawings (the drawings I got from Claus was
        > copyrighted) on the most common beet wagons and the special bogie-type
        > they
        > had. Also included some photos showing most common wagons and locos. These
        > rails had 700mm gauge, but I think they would look good on much narrower
        > gauge also, like 20" gauge....
        >
        > Go to my site http://www.laurell.nu and click on the blue diesel.
        >
        > regards
        > /Henrik Laurell, Sweden
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • neslein2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2004
          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Savery"
          <fatcontroller2@o...> wrote:
          "Cut"

          > Nobody else may be interested, but I'd very much appreciate it If
          you could
          > send me a bit of information in English on what type of industrial
          line the
          > Bloustrødbanen was, the kind of traffic hauled, etc. Frank Savery ~
          > fatcontroller2@o...

          Interrested or not her it comes :-)

          "Bloustrødbanen" is a narrowgauge club organized under the "Danish
          Raiway Club"
          The Bloustrødbanen are sited in an old brickwork at the village of
          Bloustrød some 20 km north of Copenhagen
          They ar running a small 700 mm railway, with many kinds of Danish
          industrial stock.
          The sugarbeats cars though, are reconstructed, because the originals
          went up into smoke, together with alot of interresting standard gauge
          stock.

          The stock was places in wooden barn (an original building of the
          brickworks, original used for drying brickstones), whitch some idiot
          lighted up for fun severel years ago.

          All the track is new build on some of the old traces of the
          brickworks, whitch had a rather large layout for getting the clay to
          the productionfacilyties.

          Some og the original building at the brichwork are preserved, both
          the original engineshed, as well as the original mainbuilding with
          owens still complete.

          Occational they work together with, HVB where bothe Claus and I are
          members, since we use the same gauge.

          Best regard Per

          Sorry for any misspelling :-)