Scale decision

  • hunslett
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2004
      After looking around a lot at 16mm and several other scales I have
      decided to use 9.5/' on 19mm track. The decision once reached was
      not difficult to understand as it is big enough to model very small
      pieces of equipment and have them run well while being small enough
      to fit the clearances of an existing O scale standard gauge layout.
      Also, I have modeled armor in 1/35 scale for 30 years and have a lot
      of experience in that size. It just took a long time to put
      railroads and 1/32 together. Maybe I am getting slow.
      My first project is going to be the Gmeinder 15/18. I am aware of
      the information in the Review but would like to find some pictures of
      them in use if possible. Any ideas?
      Take care and thanks for listening to my ramble,
      Vincent
    • Vlad Vinnitskiy
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2004
        Vincent .

        Do you need a drawing of the gmeinder ?

        if so i could ymail the one i have it it for the 15/18ps model

        best wishes Vlad New York City USA

        On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:00:38 -0000 "hunslett" <vince@...>
        writes:
        > After looking around a lot at 16mm and several other scales I have
        > decided to use 9.5/' on 19mm track. The decision once reached was
        > not difficult to understand as it is big enough to model very small
        >
        > pieces of equipment and have them run well while being small enough
        >
        > to fit the clearances of an existing O scale standard gauge layout.
        >
        > Also, I have modeled armor in 1/35 scale for 30 years and have a lot
        >
        > of experience in that size. It just took a long time to put
        > railroads and 1/32 together. Maybe I am getting slow.
        > My first project is going to be the Gmeinder 15/18. I am aware of
        > the information in the Review but would like to find some pictures
        > of
        > them in use if possible. Any ideas?
        > Take care and thanks for listening to my ramble,
        > Vincent

        > --------------------~-->
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/1O6tlB/TM

      • Vincent Bradley
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2004
          Vlad,
          Yes I will need a drawing. I have since found a German site
          with excellent pictures but a drawing would help.
          Take care, Vincent

          writes:
          > After looking around a lot at 16mm and several other scales I have
          > decided to use 9.5/' on 19mm track. The decision once reached was
          > not difficult to understand as it is big enough to model very small
          >
          > pieces of equipment and have them run well while being small enough
          >
          > to fit the clearances of an existing O scale standard gauge layout.
          >
          > Also, I have modeled armor in 1/35 scale for 30 years and have a lot
          >
          > of experience in that size. It just took a long time to put
          > railroads and 1/32 together. Maybe I am getting slow.
          > My first project is going to be the Gmeinder 15/18. I am aware of
          > the information in the Review but would like to find some pictures
          > of
          > them in use if possible. Any ideas?
          > Take care and thanks for listening to my ramble,
          > Vincent

          > --------------------~-->
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/1O6tlB/TM

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          ---
        • Vlad Vinnitskiy
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 20, 2004
            Vincent i only have a side drawing of the loco and i will emailt it to
            you offline !

            Best Wishes From cold new york city NY

            Vlad