SV: [FS32NGModelrail] A Summer's Progress

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
      Henrik, Les, All
      Thanks for the nice words. Les: I would very much like to see your models in 1/35 and I'm sure the rest of the population in the two groups would as well. It's easy to tell we are in a scale where most stuff has to be scratchbuilt - not too many finished models showing up. And yes: The wooden dump car is built on the basis of the Grandt Line kit. You can read my small article on the rebuilding here: http://www.ozbob.net/1in35ng/ simply choose articles.

      Henrik: I don't have a website - the screenshots you could recognize on the photos from Schkeuditz were part of a powerpoint slideshow I made while on hollyday in Spain. It made my contribution to the exhibition a bit more interactive as my module didn't provide much operational interest. As I didn't compress the photofiles the slideshow is a huge file and probably not fit for upload or mailing unless you have a very highspeed connection and a large mailbox. Unfortunately my knowledge on computers is somewhat limited - especially when it comes to photos. I saw your most informative website, very nice and your little cabin looks good as well! The Black Beetle motorbogie - does it run good? Better than Tenshodos? What is the wheel diameter?

      Today I have added a few photos of the finished French Pechot-wagon. Too bad the kits are so hard to get. Mine came all the way from the US (well traveled kits indeed!) thanks to Bill, US and Gerrit, Belgium.

    • Les Coleman
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
        Sorry to get on my hobby-horse but Clauses pictures have reminded me
        just what can be achieved in this scale and recently there seems to have
        been a major shift in interest away from 1:32/1:35 scales to 1:24 scale,
        i.e. GN15, HN18 etc. etc.

        Indeed, I have been guilty of this over the past 2 years myself but I
        have retained my interest in 1:35 principally because I can model larger
        prototypes as well as the "cuter" stock in the larger scale/smaller
        gauges and still get real character in figures and lots of detail.

        Also I can tell myself that 1:35 on 16.5mm track approximates to
        2ft/600mm, which gives me a huge amount of prototype material to choose
        from. Each scale has its place, and this hobby is all about fun,
        relaxation and creativity at the end of the day so I mustn't get too
        wound up and serious about it, but have any others noticed this trend?

        A case in point is the relatively low level of posting on the FS32NG
        group compared with the large amount of activity on the GN15 etc.
        groups. It would be nice to see a 1:32 scale revival, which started so
        well a few years ago with Messrs Bantock and Lantz producing whitemetal
        kits and layouts like Portpyn and several beautifully crafted European
        layouts and dioramas inspiring everybody. Has everyone migrated
        up-scale?

        Les.

        >>> clni@... 04/08/04 09:09:58 >>>
        <http://www.ozbob.net/1in35ng/> http://www.ozbob.net/1in35ng/ simply
[...]

        This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please email us.
        Any views expressed are not necessarily the views of Wealden District Council unless stated.