A Summer's Progress

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
      Hi all
      Back at work after three weeks hollyday I can claim one project finished and an other near completion. I have finished the Pechot wagon with it's load - a light French FT-17 tank and tried to terminate a long running project - a heavy load trailer with excavator pulled by a Faun-lorry.
      Unfortunately the Faun is not a very good kit. (Resin kit from German Elite Modell). Much work has gone into it, but now my work is almost over. The complete lash-up will be 65 cm. (over 2 ft.) in length and I plan to mount it on a diorama. One day it may fit in on a 1/35 layout?

      I have uploaded photos of the Faun-progress to my Yahoo photopage - http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gaz410/my_photos see the file Faun ZRS. I'm looking forward to your comments.

      Earlier in the summer I got my loco shed module almost finished. I participated in a exhibition in Germany and made frantic efforts to finish the small module before the show. I barely succeded, but could work a bit at the show. So now the module is landscaped all over. Grass is a mix of Heki and Woodland Scenics products. The water tower is scracth built from wood and a plastic tube once containing candy - Smarties - kindly donated by my daughter. Detailed with some plastic wrapping, rivets and bolts it's origin has all but disappeared. The module now needs shrubbery, bushes and a tree. I'm currently working on the tree. The shed needs a new roof and I have to get to grips with interior lights as well.

      That's all for me this time - how about your projects?

      Regards Claus, Copenhagen, 25 degrees C.
    • Les Coleman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
        Claus, what exceptional modelling!! I enjoyed looking at all your
        pictures enormously. The level of detail and crispness is amazing and an
        encouragement to everyone. I'll try to post some of my own 1:35 scale
        efforts on the site, but they won't come up to this standard.
        Incidentally - is the side dump wagon based on the Grandt Line plastic
        kit? It looks familiar.

        Les.

        >>> clni@... 03/08/04 10:17:06 >>>
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please email us.
        Any views expressed are not necessarily the views of Wealden District Council unless stated.
      • henrix
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
          Hi Claus,

          Your fantastic pictures you link to below, is just the type of inspiration
          one needs all year around, when one found itself without.... Only thing I
          made on my vacation was a small lighthouse keepers cabin, and it was not
          even finished...

          Even if I have left 3/8" scale and moved to Hn21, your pictures are still of
          the kind I would like to be able to present myself in the future...

          One question, on the picture 98fa.jpg titled "Claus in Schkeuditz", you have
          a laptop on the desk. Whats the site-address on that page? Is it your
          homepage? Looks interesting.

          regards
          /Henrik Laurell
          www.laurell.nu