SV: [FS32NGModelrail] Danish loco finished

  • Claus Nielsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2004
      Hi Bill
      Thanks for the nice words. The body is painted in Humbrol 27 sea grey (matt acrylic) mixed with some 34 white to tone down the colour a little. The frame is 33 black mixed with white. Afterwards the loco was given a thin wash with artists oil paints (black and burnt umber). This gives variation and enhances detail if done carefully. The oil colours also add a warm glow to the otherwise 'sterile' Humbrol acrylics. The grey paint was applied from my airbrush while the oils were put on with a soft brush. The small scratches were done with dark grey oil paint and Vallejo acrylic. The Vallejo-range of paints is way superior to Humbrol when it comes to brushpainting. After the oil wash had dried I sprayed the loco very thinly with Humbrol light earth and finished with some ground up pastel chalk to represent dust and gravel particles. The paintjob was sealed with matt warnish.

      I hope this answers your question.

    • Carl Arendt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2004
        It gives me great pleasure to announce the reopening of my website, "Micro
        Layouts for Model Railroads" at its new home:

        http://carendt.us

        As a special bonus, the featured layout is John Glenn's new version of the
        ever-popular Guinness Brewery railway in Dublin, including a drawing and
        model of their unusual diesel locomotives. John's model is to 1/32 scale,
        using HO gauge to approximate the 22" (540 mm) gauge of the original.

        Thanks for all of your kind notes and good wishes during this difficult
        time. I'm thoroughly delighted to be back with you! I'll also be trying to
        notify as many linking sites as I can find, but please feel free to pass
        along the new address.

        We're back up and running!

        Best, Carl

        Carl Arendt
        Micro Layouts for Model Railroads
        http://carendt.us
      • neslein2002
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2004
          Hi Carl

          Wow I'm glad you're back.

          I just posted your old link inad danish newsgroup, and found it
          didn't work any more.

          keep up the good work, hope to add another layout some time.

          Best wishes Per ( venlig hilsen ) :-)

          --- In FS32NGModelrail@yahoogroups.com, Carl Arendt <carendt@e...>