'Le Mortier Gourmand' tease

  • Charles Hansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9 3:46 PM
      Mike -

      From the opening paragraph I was expecting shots of the layout and rolling
      stock.

      Charles

      >As some of you know, I have been engaged in a long(ish) term project to
      model a 1:32 scale, 60 cm gauge (= American 'On3' track) diorama of a
      1950's French beach tramway, one supposedly built in the 'Belle Époque'
      (when such things were obligatory for any resort of stature) and now on
      its last, worn out gasp. The station buildings are shamelessly lifted
      from Le Mortier Gumond on my all time favourite narrow gauge line, the
      metre gauge Tramways de la Corréze*, about which I have written
      previously. Aficionados of Mlle. Brigitte Bardot's 1956 bustout film
      'And God Created Woman' will doubtless recognize various of the
      vignettes and maybe even the 'costumes'. A scratch-built 1:32 scale
      Decauville 0-4-0T, bearing an alarming resemblance to famous No. 509
      from Volos, Greece, is all but complete (weathering is awaited), whilst
      a couple of rakes of characteristic Decauville trellis underframed
      'balladeuse' bogie "toastrack" coaches are all but complete.
    • Mike South
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10 10:05 AM
        Charles Hansen wrote:- "From the opening paragraph I was expecting shots
        of the layout and rolling stock."

        As soon as the people are done, I promise :-)

        After all, photos of what us (few) narrow gauge modellers out in Western
        Canada disparagingly call 'plywood prairies' - those vast, perpetually
        unfinished and inadequately sceniced HO gauge empires seemingly so
        beloved of our standard gauge compatriots - are only SO interesting...
        :-)

        Besides, a 'certain gentleman' in New Zealand is also building a
        1:32-ish model of the Le Mortier Gumond buildings, and I wouldn't want
        to steal his (photographic) thunder, would I (hint!)

        Mike South
        lost somewhere in deepest Western Canada
      • Fackeldey, Herbert
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10 10:41 AM
          BTW, There are photos of the real station buildings of the TC to be found at
          www.voiemetrique.org. Go to the album section and then to "France".

          Herbert Fackeldey
          somewhere in rainy Germany